THE REQUEST

[EVA'S POV]

My eyes open when I feel the sun's rays burn my eyelids from the window. I almost turn my body to the side to check the time, but a strong protective arm around my waist hinders my actions. I jerk my head upwards to see the owner of the hulky arms: a sleeping, bare chested Ace Lockmore. His hair fell over his face in a hot kind of way, his lips looked ever kissable in his sleep. He looked pretty much in la la land, but his grip on my waist made me feel like he was very awake.

However, I knew he was not. With a stupid swooning smile on my face, I admired his well sculptured face, the tone of his skin against mine, gleaming in the sun. My hand went up to his face to brush off the hair from it. Oh he looked like he bathed in roses! His lips looked so kissable in the morning...maybe I should just lean in and....

*brangggggggggggg!!!!*

Ace's eyes flew wide open as he wakes up due to the ultra loud ringing of the alarm. That traitor of an alarm clock!!! He gives me a confused look as he sees me hovered over his face, almost about to kiss him.

"Cardale?"

"Hm?" I hum, my cheeks flushing.

"What are you doing?" his eyes narrow in suspicion.

"I was uh...." I shut my eyes briefly to think of a lie. "....your hair,"

He quickly pecks my lips before I can continue. Smirking he says, "Yes, my hair was in my face. I totally believe you."

Is he being sarcastic? Did he know I was creepily staring at him in his sleep? Ugh....I must look like a creep.

"Is your alarm always that loud?" he asks with a laugh, sticking out his arm to shut it off.

I sigh, drawing circles on his chest with my fingernail. "Yeah."

"Too bad, I guess it ruined your plans." he says, adding a knowing smile. What plans? So he knew? Ugh.

"I need to brush my teeth." I say, squirming out of his grip. My efforts were pathetic, because he wouldn't let me go. "Ace!" I whisper-scream.

"I'll let you go if you let me join you." he says.

"No, I look disgusting with all the toothpaste foaming up in my mouth and coming down my chin. Now, you wouldn't want to see that, would you?" I retort.

"I bet you'd look cute."

I glare at him incredulously. "Don't be ridiculous."

"Your assumptions are ridiculous." he declares. "I get to decide whether you look disgusting or not. Your opinion doesn't count here. So is it a yes, or you're gonna stay in bed with me forever?"

Sighing, I give in. "Whatever."

"Good." he grins, loosing his grip on me. I get out of the bed and he does the same. I wince sympathetically at his bad leg as he begins to walk. I secretively feel bad that I couldn't just touch him and take the pain away. But of course, I wasn't going to tell him that.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"I'm better." he replies. "Even better being with you."

I look down and smile, trying to hide my rosy cheeks. I feel like a sixteen year old high school kid. But I like this feeling.

               After five stretchy and torturous minutes of switching to ladylike mode while brushing my teeth, and having Ace steal glances at me and smirk the whole time, we both lean against the sink, looking into space.

He looked like he was very worried about something that was on his mind, while I wiped toothpaste off the corners of my mouth, worried that he was worried. I was trying to find a perfect reason why he was worried.