THE DECISION

[EVA'S POV]

You know the feeling when you're watching America's Got Talent and you're in the middle of watching an intriguing magic trick and then out of nowhere, Simon Cowell, the party pooper presses the red buzzer, distracting and annoying the shit out of everyone?

Exactly.

There are many ways to describe that feeling: annoying, startling, dissapointing, irritating, blood boiling, teeth gnashing...just to mention a few.

But today, I decide to ignore Simon Cowell AKA my alarm clock, which just scared the shit out of me with its ultra loud ringing. This isn't how a normal alarm should sound. Maybe there's a problem, Baxter promised to fix that clock. If it doesn't stop ringing like that, I'm smashing it.

Anyway, I smile, looking at the bright side.

Wednesday morning. The rain is pelting against the window. It's such a cool sensation: I don't want to get out from beneath the sheets. It feels nice to be back home, in the apartment that I once shared with Baxter, in my bed.

I'm glad I didn't wake up house arrested in Ace's house or next to Hudson. That's why I'm not even going to talk or complain about the fact that Hudson hasn't called yet. I mean, it's an easy decision to make. Why is he so stubborn?

Anyway, I must say I hope Ace is doing well. He was barely conscious when we left him in a pool of blood on the teak floor, but I'm sure he's alive. He's a tough, telekinetic son of a bitch.

"Eva!!! Morning, sunshine!" Baxter does his signature morning yell which he always does to irritate me. He barges into my room clad in his pajamas like he always does. Talk about privacy. I won't remind him that sometimes I like to sleep naked. No I won't. One day, he'll be scarred for life.

"Hi Baxter." I smile sweetly, sitting up. "How was your night?"

Baxter stares back at me, awestruck. "Um...
It was nice."

"Mine too. Anyway, I'm making breakfast today."

Baxter winces. "Why?"

"Because I want to."

"No. You are a terrible cook. I don't want you hurting yourself...oh... healing powers." he nods, remembering. "The kitchen is yours, Eva."

I make my way to the kitchen, deciding to brush my teeth after eating. Ladies and gentlemen, when you have Sansora powers, you don't give a flying fuck about your health no more.

"Not to put you off, Eva. But please don't give me a stomachache for breakfast." Baxter says with pleading eyes.

"Come on, Baxter, who doesn't know how to make bacon and eggs?" I scoff.

Baxter sighs. "You know, just think about my health before adding salt to the eggs."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes.

"I'll just sit here and watch." Baxter tells me, and sits himself down on one of the stools. "I still wonder why Mr Sanchez picked you to work at his diner."

"Shut up. I just serve the food. I don't cook it."

"Right."

"Speaking of the diner, how is Marie?"

"About Marie... we broke up."

My jaw drops. "Shut the front door!"

"Things just got mushy between us when you left." Baxter shakes his head.

"What do you mean when I left?"

"It's complicated." he scratches the back of his head.

"What could've possibly been the problem? You guys were nice together. She was a..."

"I know, I know. But it just wasn't working."

I shrug. "It's really sad that you did that." The telephone rings loudly, interrupting our conversation.

"I'll get it." Baxter offers, and goes to get it. He talks to the caller for short while, before appearing back in the kitchen with the phone in his hand.

"Eva, it's your call."

"Me?"

"Yeah. It's from the not so good looking, overrated, supernatural billionaire."

I glare ridiculously at him. "His name is Hudson."

"Whatever. Go get it. He wants to talk to you." I go and take the phone from him.

"Hello." I mumble into the receiver.

"Pack your things." Hudson says, his voice calm and collected. "We're traveling."

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"We're going to Glemstone." Hudson announces. "I want you to see me renounce my throne."

Okay, short chapter, I'm sorry. I just love to leave cliffhangers. Anyway, I'm glad you read this. Vote if you liked it and comment honestly. Also you can follow me for support and updates. Thanks 💜💙💛💚

🎵
So I Can Have You Back by Joe 👌
12:01 by Cina Soul 👌