THE WAR

[GLEMSTONE, 1950]

[THIRD PERSON POV]

[FLASHBACK]

Hudson Lockmore, (also known as Zydus), stood in the middle of the battleground, his sword dripping with blood as he lowered himself, letting his feet touching the ground.

A warrior from Jregon lay at his feet, struggling for his life, but there was no chance of survival because Hudson's sword has impaled right through his skin.

The battle ground was electrified as the Elvarian warriors cut across the flesh of their opponents in unusually swift movements. Their moves were as quick as the speed of lightning, the element which aided their swift movements in order to slay their enemies with the power and advantage their speed gave them. The warriors of Jregon began to retreat, which was easy for them to do since they were from the flight kingdom.

A proud, satisfied smirk etched across Hudson's face as he watched his enemies cower with fear. Exyclott, with the help of Elvaris had won the battle against Jregon. They had finally ensured the security of Exyclott and the border.

Ekon Khan appears beside Hudson suddenly, his quick movements causing a gush of air to whisk Hudson's hair and cape forward.

"Watch them retreat like the cowards they are. They're so pathetic." Hudson sneers.

"They wouldn't be retreating like this if they had fought against an army of ten." Ekon states, facing Hudson. "They retreated because they faced a powerful army of a hundred soldiers from Elvaris."

"Thank you, Ekon. I appreciate your help very much."

Ekon chuckles. "We both know exactly why I decided to help you. We both know how much all the kingdoms in Glemstone loathe you. You are Sutr's most despised creation thus I shouldn't be helping you, Zydus."

Hudson nods, acknowledging that fact. "I know all that. But I'm willing to keep my promise to you."

"You? You and fulfilling promises are like water and oil poured in a flagon. How can I trust you?"

The words of Ekon agitate Hudson as he grits his teeth and clenches his fist. "Don't you dare question my integrity. If I have agreed to give you half the treasures of Exyclott, I mean it."

Ekon folds his arms intimidatingly. "How exactly would you get that? I don't want your thimbleful treasures. My kingdom helped you win a war. We deserve more. And now that Exyclott reeks of Sutr's disease and half your people are either sick or dead, your productivity is now really low."

"You don't need to state the obvious. I have my ways. Exyclott has most of its treasures in a secret safe at Xanea. I will go and get them myself and pay you for the assistance."

"Xanea? You never mentioned that place during the deal."

"This is not the right place to talk, Ekon. This is a battlefield. And I always keep my promises."

"Just like how you kept your promise of swearing to protect your people and keep them from harm?" Ekon asks sarcastically. He ignores Hudson's growl and takes a step towards him challengingly. "If I do not get what I want from you, Zydus, I shall subdue Exyclott and put them under slavery. Or I shall kill you with my own bare hands and Sutr would be pleased if I do."

"You will do no such thing."

"Just betray me and you'll see what I do to people who lie to me."

Please leave your comments on this super short chapter. Also know that the next chapter is part of the flashback too. Thank you 💙💚💛💜

🎵
Song recommendations:
I Warned Myself by Charlie Puth👌
Fire by BTS 👌