THE CHAOS

[EVA'S POV]

As I stand there, at the entrance of the giant palace of Exyclott, I feel like it's all a dream. It feels surreal to me and I just stand frozen at the spot, awestruck. I've never seen anything this horrid in my life. There's a lot of noise, but I can hear my thumping heart the most. I gasp as an Exyclottan soldier gets impaled with a sword and falls to the ground. Swords and knives and other dangerous weapons I never thought existed were slashing across the bodies of human beings, making them fall to their death.

All around me, people are getting killed. The Elvarian people moved with the speed of lightning, making them difficult to target and kill, so they had the upperhand. While the Exyclottans had power over gravity, the Elvarians had the power over speed. And everything was overwhelming, it was like watching Infinity War.

My heart drops to my stomach and I feel bile rising up my throat as a human being's freaking head lands right in front of me! I think I'm having a panic attack.

Just then, I feel my body pushed to the ground with a thud, and a soldier gets killed right in front of me, his body collapses right in front of mine.

"Are you okay, My Lady?" Moros perturbed face comes into view, he was squatting right in front of me holding a sword freshly dipped in blood. Does that mean I was about to get attacked while I was in a frenzy? I was two seconds away from dying. This just makes my heart thump.

"I'm....I'm alright." I stutter, trying to get a grip.

"Let's get out of here. I'll protect you." he says and carries me in his arms in one swift movement. I feel both our bodies rise into the air as he begins to levitate away from the chaos. As we move in the air, we're greeted by arrows being shot from the top of the building. Moros tries his best to dodge each of them.

"Moros...where's Ace? He needs to be safe." I say worriedly.

"He can protect himself, My Lady," he says, dodging a flying arrow swiftly. "Don't worry about him. Right now, I need to get you somewhere safe."

He stops in front of my bedroom and lowers himself to the ground before dropping me. He ushers me into the room where my eight handmaidens are huddled closely together.

"Stay here with Athena, My Lady. Don't open the door to anyone. Keep it locked. Please be safe, My Lady." Moros instructs me. I nod stiffly and he leaves. Athena rushes to lock the door and block it with a giant piece of wood. My heart is beating wildly, I've never been this scared in my life. As Athena starts to treat my bruised skin, which I got when Moros pushed me to save my life, all I can focus on is my anxiety. I hope Ace was okay. He was all I cared about.

And of course, Moros too. He saved my life. Damaris saved my life too. That poor physician can't get killed too. And these kind and serviceable handmaidens can't die too. I think I could see my life flash before my eyes.

No that is too soon, I have to stay positive. Oh I wish I had my powers right now. I'd not be too worried then. I could protect Ace, who I think I was beginning to....

*bang bang bang*

I stand up with a start at the banging of the door. Athena signals me not to make a sound. Moros's voices echoes in my mind: Don't open the door to anyone. Now I was dead scared. I hope that giant piece of wood was helpful. I hear falling chunks of metal on the other side of the door, along with agonizing and chaotic noises. My eyes are glued to the door, hoping that it doesn't break open with all that banging.