THE POWER

[EVA'S POV]

"...you, Eva Cardale, are the last of Sansora."

I make a long dramatic pause after Ace's statement before I clench my stomach and begin to laugh hysterically. This Ace guy is the most hilarious and superstitious and dramatic guy I've ever met.

He glares blankly at me and waits for me to recover before saying: "I knew you'll act stupid when I finally told you. So why don't you test yourself?" he suggests, folding his bulky arms.

"How?"

"Slice your palm with a knife." he says.

I chuckle. "If you're stupid, I'm not gonna be stupid with you. I'm not risking my life to prove something that doesn't even exist. Grow up."

I stand up and begin to leave when I hear a loud shot. My legs feel limp. A cold, stinging pain hits me at the back of my knee. I fall to the ground weakly and yell with pain.

Ace appears in front of me, arms folded...holding a gun. The idiot shot me in the leg. I'm gonna have to sit in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. I wouldn't be able to meet Trai Byers anymore, who would want to meet a crippled fan?

I almost believed Ace was never going to hurt me till now.

"What the --why did you do that?" I groan, clutching my leg.

"Stand up." he orders.

"What?"

"Just do as I say. Stand the hell up."

I reluctantly comply, expecting to fall back down. But I'm able to stand up straight, like I wasn't shot in the leg before. I look down at my leg and there is no wound, no bleeding nothing.

"What on earth just happened?" I gasp. "You... you shot me in the kneecap, and I'm standing up straight? Did the bullet..."

"My point has been proven. Will you listen to me now?" Ace asks.

"What is wrong with me? Am I indestructible or something?" I stutter.

"You are of Sansora. You healed yourself the moment you touched your knee. You healed yourself the moment you touched your finger. You have the ability to heal and restore life."

"S--so you're saying I have powers?"

"Yes."

"That is so messed up." I give a surprised laugh.

"It's dangerous. You're the only person of your kind who is still alive. And my brother wants you to heal him. Hudson has ALS. It's a lifelong disease that can kill him. It has no cure. And he only has a year to live."

"What? Hudson never said he was sick. He doesn't have ALS. He's..." I hesitate when my mind is thrown back to the moment I saw Riluzole on his dresser. What if that drug was an ALS drug? Hudson lied to me. He had ALS and not a migraine. Why did he hide that from me?

"Of course he wouldn't tell you because you'll freak out. Anyone would if they're told that their future husband would die in a year."

"Well, I could go and heal him, right? I mean, I have healing powers." I say with a hopeful smile.

"You can heal him, yes. However, you will die one day and there'll be no one to protect Exyclott and keep them immortal. The only solution to that was to get married to you, have kids, and there will be more Sansorans around for the protection of Exyclott in the future."

"Stop it!! Just stop it!" I yell. "Hudson is a normal human being. He doesn't have people or whatever. Supernaturals do not exist. I'm not going to believe whatever you say."

"Miss Cardale..."

I stand up and raise up my hand, not wanting to hear more. "You know what, I've heard enough. This all sounds ridiculous. Supernaturals, healing powers... look I need to rest."

So it took me five whole days to be able to write this chapter and the previous one. I tried to make it make sense. I hope it does.

But I guess this explains why Hudson rushed the wedding and took Eva on a date the first time he met her.

And for this chapter and the ones that follow, I advice that you read and reread the explanations given so as not to miss a single detail and get confused.

Anyway, if you are confused, I can do some more explanations.

Comment immediately. Thanks 💜💙💚💛

🎵
Song Recommendations:
Best In Me by Efya 👌
Realer no by Pappy Kojo👌