THE DISCOVERY

[EVA'S POV]

"Why do you guys have to share an apartment?" Ace whispers disapprovingly to me as Baxter walks out of his room, combing his hair with his fingers.

I shrug. "I don't know, we just decided to. Plus we both didn't have enough money to buy separate apartment. So we put our money together. " I explain.

"What if he walks into you naked?"

I sigh. "There's something called knocking. Ace." I say in a duh tone, dumping his old bandages in a bin and rummaging for new ones. He was currently lying shirtless on the couch as I changed his bandages. He was totally oblivious to how much his naked abs were distracting me and rather bothered himself with thoughts of jealousy. I laughed at him, inwardly, noticing how jealous he was of Baxter.

"He doesn't look like he's got any manners enough to knock." he snaps.

I slap his thigh disapprovingly. "That's very rude to say." I retort, even though I did agree with him. Baxter barely knocks, he just barges like owns the place. But Baxter has never seen me naked before. Well....not that I know of. But still.

"I'm only speaking the truth." he shrugs.

"Even if he ran into me naked, nothing would've happened further, unless we wanted it. We trust each other."

Ace clears his throat. "So you've never...."

"No. He's only a friend." I quickly answer.

Ace smiles with satisfaction and looks up at the ceiling. "Good." he says.

"Good." I repeat with a giggle and go back to bandaging him.

"I.... I only have eyes for you, Ace. There's nothing else that I want that you don't give me."

He seems to relax a bit. "Okay. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. So you don't have to be jealous of Baxter."

He snorts. "I'm not jealous. Just a little curious."

I roll my eyes. "Sure." Ace can be so adorable sometimes.

"Eva!" Baxter yells from the door. We both turn to look at him. "I'm leaving for the restaurant."

"Have a nice day!" I call after him, waving him off. Once he's out of sight, Ace pulls me onto him, such that my body is lying flat atop his, startling me. He's injured, and I'm worried my weight would hurt him more.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I gasp.

He rests his hands on the small of my back pressing my body more to his and smirks. "I've not been able to do this to you for a while. And I guess that's why you don't want to heal me so that we return to Exyclott."

Before I can deny his ridiculous assumptions, he kisses my nose. "How selfish of you." he teases. "But I understand that you want attention so I'm all yours now."

"Ace...it's not what you think."

He frowns. "You're saying you don't want my glorious body naked next to you for you to kiss me and make love to me because I've been unconscious for five days and we'd barely have an alone time once we return to Exyclott?"

"No...I mean yes, I'd love to do that. But, that's not the reason why I can't heal you."

"Okay, so what's the reason?" he asks with a puckish grin 

"I, uh..." I hesitate and look away. "I lost my powers, Ace."

He immediately sits up placing me gently beside him as he glares at me with a mix of emotions. Confusion, shock...anger.

"What do you mean you lost your powers? How and when did that happen?" he asks, suddenly looking furious.

"I lost my powers when I saved you from dying. I found out from Damaris that I lost them in exchange for your life. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I didn't want you to get upset."

He wipes his hand over his face in frustration as his paces around the room. "It's all my fault." he mutters.

"It's not, Ace. It was my decision to save you. I did it out of free will."

"You don't get it!" he exclaims, startling me. "Your powers were all you had. It was all that Sansora left you. Your most priced possession. And because of me, your life was in danger. You were in the middle of a freaking ambush while you had no protection! What would I have done if Hudson hurt you? Did you think about that?!"

"Ace..." I coax, trying to reason.

"Why did you even do it, Cardale? I didn't deserve that sacrifice! Now you've lost everything! And it's all my fault for being so vulnerable!" he yells. I stand up and try to hold him steady.

"Look at me." I say. "Look at me, Ace." I repeat, forcing his face to my direction.

"You are not vulnerable. Okay? And I knew what I was doing when I did it. I don't care what I've lost, I have helped Exyclott by giving them their true king. And I did it because I love Exyclott and I love you."

He looks away again. "You shouldn't. I've done nothing to deserve you."

"But I do. And it's not going to change any day. It's just meant to be, that I use what I have to help those in need...."

"Stop. You have no idea what you're saying." he cuts in, pulling my hand off his face. "And you need to stay away from me."

I'm very upset right now after arguing with an ignorant guy who thinks the wrestling moves in WWE is fake. So I wrote this in a bad mood. I think my bad mood affected Ace's mood too, lmao. Comment. Vote. Share. Thank you  💙💚💛💜

🎵
Song Recommendation:
Fading by Ilira 👌
Then You Look at Me by Celine Dion 👌