THE TRAGEDY

This probably won't be news to you since it is quite habitual of me, but this chapter is going to be very short. It's all part of the plot so forgive me.

Also don't forget to let me know your thoughts. And please vote to support the story. Thank you 💙💚💛💜

[EVA'S POV]

Ace's words did nothing to reassure me. I knew Hudson's rage was dangerous and that he wouldn't stop until he got what he wanted. Tears rolled down my cheek as Athena dressed me up in white for my healing duties today.

"My Lady," she coaxes. "Don't worry, you'll be fine."

"I'm fine, Athena. It's just..."

"....My Lady! My Lady!" someone screams, rushing in. Otis appears beside me, looking very worried.

"What's wrong?" I ask, wiping off my tears.

"The king... he's..."

I don't wait for Otis to finish when I get up away from the dressing mirror and begin to run as fast as I can. I hear someone shout after me to stop, but I keep going.

I stop in my tracks when I see Moros in the courtroom, giving instructions. Some ministers were present there too, whispering to each other. I stand there frozen at the spot, trying to figure out what was going on.

Four guards emerge out of the courtroom with Hudson in front of them, several chains tying both his hands behind him. I rush towards them, my heart thumping in my chest.

"What's going on? Hudson, why have you been chained?" I ask, bewildered. Hudson looks away from my gaze and casts his eyes on the floor, looking very angry.

"My Lady, you should not be here." Moros says.

"Moros, what's going on? Where's Ace? Why is Hudson getting arrested?"

Moros sighs with a morose look and darts a look at Hudson. I place both hands on Moros's shoulders and wince eagerly at him, waiting for an answer.

"My Lady, His Highness is uh... well he was been murdered." Moros says. I drop my hands from his shoulder with a devastated look.

"What do you mean he has been murdered?" I almost yell. Moros's doesn't reply, and I look away from him to Hudson who has guilt written all over him.

"Hudson..." I breathe out, striken with disbelief. "Did you do it?" I ask.

He doesn't answer and once again avoids my death stare.

"Look at me!" I demand. "I said look at me!" His eyes drag slowly to meet mine. They're almost red. I've never seen him like this.

"Why did you do it, Hudson?" I scream, grabbing the collar of his shirt. "Why did you murder Ace?! What is wrong with you, you asshole! After all I've done for you! After all he did for you! Are you out of your mind?"

"Eva, listen..."

"I don't want to listen to you. Right now, I'm not seeing the Hudson Lockmore I fell in love with. I'm seeing a cold blooded murderer. I don't want anything to do with you right now and I hope you rot in hell." I bark.

"I did this for you, Eva. If only you had listened to me, none of this would've happened." he reaches to touch me, but I pull away.

"Ace was right." I say. "I should've have never trusted you."

"My Lady." Moros gently pulls me back behind him. "Take him away." he tells the guards. I rush into the courtroom, where Ace's body was being covered with a white cloth. I whisk the cloth off his body and scrutinize him.

A big spot located around his torso on his navy green shirt was soaked with blood. The wound was fatal and hard to look at. This was my first time seeing a dead person who was not on a TV screen, but right in front of me... eyes closed, lifeless. I couldn't get to see those beautiful eyes of his and that attractive smirk which stretched across his face.

Several tears roll down my cheeks, but no moan escapes my mouth. I'm completely shocked and dumbfounded. Everything was going smoothly, I was finally finding love... and now this? After all what we've worked for?

Moros touches my shoulder. "My Lady, we need to take him to the morgue. You need to go and rest."

I slowly stand up to my feet and compose myself. "It's all my fault." I say, feeling angry with myself.

"It's not your fault." Moros coaxes me.

"If I listened to Ace for once, he wouldn't have died."

"Do not blame yourself for anything, My Lady. No one expected or wanted this to happen."

"Hudson wanted this to happen. He was lying to me all along. He fooled me. Now that Ace is dead and Hudson has recovered from ALS, it's a great opportunity to get his throne back. I was just his magic bullet." I say.

"He cannot do anything now. He'll remain in the dungeon forever for murdering the king."

I shake my head. "Well, not for long."

"I know that. Now that Ace is dead, we'll have to bring back Hudson to be king since he's the next heir. But he is not fit to be king, and if he sits on the throne, things might get worse. However, there is nothing I can do about it." Moros says miserably.

My eyes fall on Ace's lifeless body. I sigh deeply, trying to reconsider what I'm about to say.
"I can do something about it." I say. "I'll revive the king."

🎵
Song Recommendation: Sad Song by We The Kings  👌