THE TRUTH

A/N: You can take the above picture to be Ace Lockmore.  😍 You're welcome 💙

[EVA'S POV]

I get the same reaction for the twentieth time from my twentieth patient after I'm done healing his disease. Moros passes me a blanket and I wrap it around his body before he leaves, thanking me profusely.  Twenty patients healed, eighty more to go.

"Isn't it sad how many people have lost their families?" I ask Moros, attending to the next person.

"It is." he agrees. "The king has promised to cater for them all, especially the children."

"He's such a good king." I say softly, not actually wanting Moros to hear. But I think he did, because a small smile creeps onto his face.

"He has been like a son to me. I was his advisor at first , but after he got missing from Exyclott and Hudson became king, I became Hudson's advisor." Moros says.

"He got missing?"

"Well..." Moros swallows. "I knew Hudson had kept him in a dungeon. But it was only three people who knew about it: me, Damaris and Queen Elinor."

I wince. "His mother? She knew about it? And did nothing?"

Moros sighs and rubs his forehead. "She didn't wish to."

"I can't help but notice the tension between she and Ace. Why does she not like him? That's her son, or did he do something wrong?"

Moros gives me another blanket for the next treated person as he replies,"It's the same old cliche story. I don't know whether I should tell you this, but since you and His Highness are together, I would."

My breath ceases at his statement, but I say nothing to deny it because I really want to know what he has to say about Ace. Maybe he made that assumption because he caught us staring at each other... ugh those eyes. Stupid me.

"You can trust me. I can keep a secret." I assure him.

Moros smiles. "I know, the people of Sansora have a kind heart. Anyway, she didn't do anything about it because she didn't want His Highness to be king."

"But he's the first born."

"His Highness is the first born of Nixon, not of her. His Highness is not her son."

I gasp. "Really?"

"Yes. King Nixon had a first wife before Queen Elinor named Alexis. Unlike Elinor, she was friendly with the people of Sansora and was against how they were being treated. She was a good friend of mine. And she is His Highness' biological mother."

"What happened to her?"

"She died while giving birth to His Highness. And when King Nixon got married to Elinor, she disliked him very much because her own son Hudson could not become king."

"Does Ace know about this?"

"He is very much aware. But since he didn't grow to meet his mother, he treated Queen Elinor like his own. The feeling wasn't mutual anyways."

"That's very discriminative." I remark.

"Queen Elinor would do anything for Hudson. Even if it was to lock Ace in a dungeon, have him tortured and lie to the people that he died, so as to make Hudson king." Moros says.

"And you knew all about it?"

"Yes. I knew everything. I helped His Highness escape from the dungeon and I helped him travel far away so that he doesn't get killed. If Hudson finds out, he'll not be happy about it."