THE DEAL

[THIRD PERSON POV]

[EXYCLOTT]

[AFTER ZYDUS RENOUNCED HIS THRONE]

"The women of Exyclott who have been healed have started trading again, Your Highness." Moros announces to Ace during a meeting with the council, taking a scroll from Damaris. "A dozen spices, yukata roots, silk, and footwear. All these sum up to three hundred pieces of gold." he reads out, as the men in charge of the treasury assemble the bags of gold before the king.

Ace smiles, impressed. "It's good to know that Exyclott is slowly thriving with both natural and human resources."

"We ought to thank Lady Eva for her help. Without her, this wouldn't have been possible." a member of the council inputs and Ace nods in agreement.

"I already have plans on how we'll show her gratitude." he says. "But for now, Moros, keep the treasury safe. We will work hard to bring back everything we've lost. Do you understand?"

Moros nods. "Of course, Your Highness."

Hudson sat at the corner of the courtroom, his head looking down to hide his agitation. This was what he had been reduced to. Nothing. They discussed issues of the kingdom without involving him as if he didn't exist or belong in the royal family!

He was supposed to be in charge of the treasury or at least be able to lay a hand on it, but no...that authority had been given to Moros because his brother clearly did not trust him. He was beginning to regret his actions of renouncing the throne. But it was all worth it. He could at least live longer for what he intended to do.

He rose in respect with the other members of the council, as Ace walked out of the courtroom with Moros following behind him. That was supposed to be his advisor!! It was his Moros, not Ace's! The throne, the glory, the respect, it was to be his!

But Sutr couldn't stand him. She ruined everything over the lives of some useless Sansorans.

He made his way out of the courtroom after his brother had left, heading towards his room to have a long nap. That was all he did now. Ate, slept and seethed! No one spared him a glance. The ladies at the brothel wanted nothing to do with him as he was no longer the king and was also the cause of Sutr's wrath. There was nothing else to do with his life. Or so he thought, until his path was blocked by a soldier.

Hudson eyes the soldier suspiciously, seeing from his armor that he was not Exyclottan. Who was he and how dare he block his path? Talk of utter disrespect.

"What do you want? Get out of my way before I rip off your limbs!" he snarls.

"I don't think so, Zydus." a voice which doesn't come from the soldier's mouth says. He turns around only to see a sinister smiling Ekon. A person he had long forgotten and hoped to avoid. He remembered that they had a deal. But since Exyclott had gone bankrupt, he needed to lie about going to Xanea so that he could get Ekon off his back.

He didn't go to Xanea. In fact he had no treasury there. In order to avoid Ekon Khan and the hair splitting duty of ruling a diseased Exyclott, he travelled overseas to Pinefort where he started a new life with his family. And now that he was back, he had a lot of explanations to do. Ekon Khan was clearly furious and felt betrayed.

"My old friend, Zydus." Ekon fake smiles as he circles Hudson's stiff body. "My long time enemy. How has life been?"

Hudson scowls. "Who let you in here, Ekon?"

"I get to ask the questions here. In fact I have plenty of them. But I won't waste my time asking like a nagging woman. I'll act on the rage that is seething through my bones right now."

"Look, I didn't mean to betray you or lie to you. I was a helpless king."

"You fooled me!" Ekon suddenly yells. "Who do you think you are, Zydus? I should have not trusted you. In fact no Exyclottan should be trusted with promises."

"Listen...."

"You listen to me! I am going to do all the talking here. I took the task of coming from Elvaris to Exyclott to tell you what I'm about to do to you and Exyclott. I thought you might as well get prepared for war." Ekon snarls.

"The Exyclottan warriors are in no condition for war, Ekon. Please don't do anything." Hudson hates to hear himself beg.

"You know the condition already."

"Conditions? You're in no position to demand anything!" comes Hudson's sharp voice. He had no right to raise his voice but he couldn't help it.

"Why do you object? The last time I checked, you still owe us a lot from your treasuries for fighting your battles because half your warriors turned into corpses!" Ekon barks back at him.

"Do not raise your voice at me, Ekon. If I was still the king, you'd be trembling at my feet."

"Well that is true. But the person I'm seeing right now is just a subordinate, even lesser than me. If you do not give us what we want, we shall claim it, Zydus." Ekon says in a threatening voice pointing a finger at Hudson.

"But I have a better deal for you. It's far better than you expect. But what you need to do is help me overthrow my brother." Hudson bargains, earning a throaty laugh from Ekon. Hudson stands there both perplexed and agitated by Ekon's actions as he waits for him to recover from his hysterics.

"This is why I hate you. You want another favor from me when we already have unfinished business. I'll not be foolish enough to repeat my mistakes."

"If you will just listen you oaf! I have a plan. I intend to overthrow Ace but I need help. I need an army. If you help me this one time and we succeed you could get all the treasuries you want and even half of the land!"

Ekon folds his arms as he processes the information with a sceptical look. "You want me to help you snatch the throne from its rightful heir? Well I'll help you do no such thing. It is wrong and I don't want to endure Sutr's wrath."

His words agitate Hudson since he had just insinuated that he was not the rightful heir. He takes a furious step towards Ekon and bellows into his face: "Isn't it treasures you want, you greedy pig?! Then follow my lead so that you could have them. And don't worry about Sutr. There is a Sansoran here who is healing the sick people. She'll handle everything."

"So I've heard. What's her name?"

"It's Eva. If you help me do this one thing, she could be of great help to us. She could use her powers to help both you and I."

Ekon sighs. "Why should I trust you? You lied to me once."

"This time around I'm filled with vengeance and ambition. Lies are way below my standard. I promise to keep my word."

"It's a deal then. But if you try to be cunning, I'll have your head."

Hudson chuckles. "As if."

[END OF FLASHBACK]

So this brings us to the end of the flashback. I hope it was well understood and written. Please vote if you liked it and comment too. Thank you, loves 💙💚💛💜

So away from the past, let's go into the present!

🎵
Dark side by Alan Walker  👌