THE SUPPORT

DISCLAIMER: THE CHAPTER YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ WAS WRITTEN ON AN EXTREMELY LAZY DAY. THEREFORE, IT MAY NOT BE THE BEST OF THE BEST, AND ALSO VERY SCANTY. YOU MAY PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. THANKS 💙💚💛💜

[EVA'S POV]

"Ace," I whisper scream at my boyfriend who is casually using telekinesis to take clothes off the rail. "You can't do that here. People will see you."

"And?"

"What do you mean 'and'?" I ask incredulously, looking around to check where anyone's eyes were drawn to us. "They'll think you're a freak. You're surrounded by human beings, not Exyclottans. So stop doing that."

He sighs, and I think he's going to give in, before he zaps another shirt off the rail with a smug look. "Okay." he says.

I roll my eyes. "Please."

He zaps another shirt, and I subtly block the view of a lady with a bad wig to stop her from seeing this ridiculousness. "I said okay." he repeats with a smirk.

"You're not even listening to me!" I fume, my cheeks flushing.

"You look cute when you're mad. C'mere." he smiles, gently dragging me towards him with his mind. Once I'm close to him, he leans in and pecks me while I glare. "I was just kidding."

"Thank you, thank you, now can we get back to the shopping? I can't be seeing this every two minutes." Baxter suddenly appears in front of us with a disapproving look. He'd been checking out the perfumery all this time.

"Why don't you..." Ace's begins to snap, before I cut him off.

"....why don't you go to the dressing room and try out the shirt you just picked?" I say, pulling away from his grip. "The uh, the pink one, I think it will look perfect on you."

Ace seems to calm down before turning around to go to the dressing room, while we wait.

"Why did you bring me here, Eva? I really don't want to be here." Baxter grouses, folding his arms.

"You guys will have to get along. Because he's staying with us till he's okay enough to return to Exyclott."

"You know that's not happening. He clearly doesn't like me. The feeling is mutual. He's too....intimidating."

I lift one eyebrow teasingly. "Intimidating, huh?"

"Please shut up, Eva."

"Don't worry, he's just jealous." I say, rubbing his back somewhat assuringly. "He'll get over it."

"There's no need to be." Baxter sighs. "You're all his. I want no share."

We remain silent for a while before I break the silence. "I love you, Baxter."

"Hm?" he hums, absentmindedly.

"I said I love you."

"I don't think Ace would love to hear that. Why are you telling me this anyway?" he asks, turning to face me, arms still folded.

"It's because I want you to know that I do everything with you in mind. You know, I'm planning on moving to Exyclott to stay with Ace." I say, feeling a heavy weight get off my chest. "I brought you here so that we can talk. I want to know if you'll be okay with it. I don't want you to be alone."