THE ATTACK

[ACE'S POV]

It's taking every single iota of my self control to not break Hudson's bones in halves. And it's draining, since we supernaturals are known for acting on our anger to relieve stress.

But here is the case where Hudson had been naked with my naked girlfriend and had talked trash to her, making her scared. I didn't expect myself to be this angry, especially since I thought I only began to develop feelings for Eva recently. Well, I'm beginning to think otherwise, especially considering the fact that I shattered every single portrait in my house after Hudson beat me up and took her away.

And now, to my ultimate exasperation, Hudson is sitting in my courtroom, in my throne, holding my scepter, with his foot on my footstool. Now that's something I just won't take.

"Hello brother." he simpers when he sees me. "I knew you'd come here to knock me off your special chair because you're so insecure. You feel threatened by me just borrowing it for a few minutes."

I frown at him, my jaw clenching and my eyes glowing red with anger. "Do not touch what belongs to me."

Hudson lets out a hearty laughter. "Touching? You think I'm just touching it. Well, no Ace. This...is a revolt."

A sinister smile appears on my lips. "I can see that. And you can sit in that chair for as long as you want. But you can't sit in it before my people, because that throne belongs to me. There's nothing you can do about it."

"You don't deserve to rule Exyclott! Exyclott is mine to rule, the riches are mine to possess. Mine!" he barks. "I'll break the bones of whoever released you from that dungeon. I should've finished you off if I knew that you'd return to take back what you don't deserve."

"Deserve?" I scoff. "It is my birthright. It is legitimately mine."

"I know a place where I want Exyclott to be. I have a plan to make Exyclott prosperous. But you were only concerned about the Sansorans! As if they did anything for you! Instead of making strategy with the council, you were always out there with those peasants!"

"Those peasants are your people, Hudson. And they see whoever cares for them, feeds them and gives them shelter as their king. Not someone who is only eager for power." I say.

"I was doing what was best for Exyclott."

I scoff at his statement. "Oh I see how you did that. You did that by getting Sutr to bring a disease upon our land. And you think that's what's best? After all what the people of Sansora did for you?"

"They deserved nothing! It was their duty."

"You went past your limits when you dared to assassinate all of them. There were human beings, but you were using them. But I'm going to let you use the only one left." I affirm.

"I am not using her, Ace. I love Eva. More than you ever will."

"You lied to her. You made her believe you've gotten over your greed and that you were trying to do things right. Look at you now... revolting. You did all this to get her healing. I knew from the very beginning that you were not to be trusted, but of course she wouldn't listen to me." I say dissapointedly.

"I did not lie to her. It was a deal." he states, standing up and walking towards me. "She was supposed to heal me if I renounced my throne. And I did exactly that, so the deal is over. That doesn't mean I can't come back for my throne after the deal."

"She was willing to heal you even after what you did to her people. And you lied to her, claiming what you don't deserve."

"I don't care what you think. I love her and she knows it."

I shake my head. "You're just a control freak who just needs her Sansoran children to use. But I'm not going to let you take advantage of her. I will tell her the whole truth, so that she stays away from you." I announce, and turn around to leave.

Just then, my body is lifted up into the air, and sharply plunged into the solid wall, courtesy of Hudson's telekinesis. When I turn to look at him, his eyes are as red as mine.

"You can't leave without paying me back what you owe. And you owe me your life. But since you won't give it to me, I'll take it myself." he growls, lifting me up again telekinetically and shoving me into the ground, cracking the flooring.

My back hurts a lot with agonizing pain. I can barely stand up. This gives him another advantage over me and he lifts me from the ground again, and thrusts my body harshly into the throne seat. The metal's impact against my body is agonizing enough to make me fall off the chair in pain.

"You claim it's your throne, yet you can't even sit in it!"he spits at me. He makes tentative steps towards me, I move him back with my telekinesis and try to get back on my feet.

When we both do so, with our eyes burning, we draw swords towards us and get into a relentless swordfight.

We clash swords for minutes, not getting any skin to slice... until suddenly I feel a sharp cut across my belly. Again. I stagger back and touch that spot, only to find myself bleeding profusely.

Hudson stands there gallantly, with a stupid smirk on his face. My anger boils up even more. I levitate towards him and attack, my sword clashing with his again in the air. I rotate my body in the air to get some skin to cut, but he's smart enough to move away.

I growl with frustration and try to attack again, this time using a technique I was taught years ago by my father Nixon. I gave him the idea that I was going for his right arm, but just as he tries to dodge it, my sword cuts rights across his left arm.

He screams with pain, drops his sword and falls down onto the ground, clutching his arm. I withdraw my sword and stand back, seeing that I'd attacked his weak side and he was severely injured.

"There's nothing more I want to do than kill you right now, but I'm going to keep my promise to Eva." I say. "You'll spend the rest of your life in the dungeon."

I drop my sword and turn away to call the guards to arrest the asshole. Just as I'm about making my way to the door, a sharp objects thrusts into my upper body.

I've never felt such pain in my life ever. I can't even scream, I can feel a hole in my body as the object is withdrawn. My head begins to spin and my legs feel weak. I give in to the pain and fall to the ground feeling intense pain.

With blurry eyesight, I see Hudson hover over me holding a sword and bend down to talk to me.

He says, and I hear him almost clearly, "And you'll spend the rest your life with our ancestors."

That is the last thing I hear, before my eyes shut close and I can no longer feel my senses....

Hey there!  Now that was very sad, you know. But forgive me for that lmao. Vote for this and comment because I'm sad myself. Let's mourn together, people. Thanks for reading  💙💚💛💜

🎵
Song recommendation: Khona by Mafikizolo👌