THE REALIZATION

[EVA'S POV]

A huge man with a sword slits the throat of a thousand people. It's a gory sight. There are many lamentations. Houses are on fire. There's a total holocaust....a woman with a child are hiding behind a cart, away from the sword of the relentless assailant. He almost doesn't realize she is hidden there, until the baby wails and gets his attention....

I sit up with a start and gasp aloud. That dream again. The cliffhanger again.

"Good morning." Ace's voice fills the room. I look up to find him leaning against the bedroom door, smiling.

"What do you want?"

"Breakfast. I need breakfast."

I narrow my eyes at him. "I'm not making you breakfast."

"Why?"

"You can do it yourself."

"No."

"Suit yourself then. But I'm not making you breakfast."

"I'm doing a lot for you right now so making me breakfast will be a little reward from you." he says.

"What are you doing for me?"

"Protecting your ass from Hudson."

"He's my fiance." I bark.

"You don't know anything." Ace states. "I need my breakfast in six minutes. Or I'm pulling the trigger. I want us to live in peace."

"I'm not afraid of you." I say. Tsk. Who am I deceiving?

"So you'd rather die than make me breakfast?" he asks, with a teasing smirk.

I sigh and walk past him to the kitchen. Son of a bitch. I'm going to make him the grossest breakfast that he'll regret asking me. Wait, what if he makes me eat it with a gun on my head?

Maybe if I make a nice breakfast all the time, he might consider letting me go. You know what they say, the way to a man's mind is through his stomach.

I start to cut up some veggies to make an omelet and damn! I shouldn't have allowed Baxter to be making breakfast all the time. Now I'm here embrassing myself. Who thought cutting up carrots could be this difficult? If Baxter was here, he'd laugh his ass off at how badly I was handling the knife.

Ace was right. I can't even properly cut up vegetables without being dead scared of the knife, how much more stab him? I'm so freaking pathetic -ouch!!

I look down at my hand and see blood dripping. The stupid knife cut my finger! I leap around in the kitchen clutching my finger and wailing out loud like a psycho. It hurts a lot. What was this knife made of?

"Woah, are you okay?" Ace appears in the kitchen.

"Deep cut!! Don't just stand there. Get me a First Aid Kit or something!" I yell. I don't mean to act spoiled but the pain has taken over my senses.

But Ace just stands there looking relaxed. "You don't need it. You'll be fine."

What? I stare at him incredulously. "What is wrong with you? What do you mean by that? I know I'm your convict but I have human rights. And this cut hurts a lot. It's even all your fault for forcing me to make breakfast when I haven't cooked in a... "