THE RETURN

A/N: This chapter may be pretty short. Please don't read this without commenting. Thank you 💙 I'm forever grateful.

[EVA'S POV]

After showering, I go to lie down on my bed, trying to conjure the spirit of sleep into my body. I mean, if telekinesis and healing powers exist, the spirit of sleep should too.

Today, I discovered things about myself that I never knew. I wonder how Baxter and Marie would react when I told them about it. They'd probably freak out like I am now. I can't believe my parents never told me about anything before they passed away.... my ancestors, my abilities or where I came from. They probably did that to protect me.

But it's still upsetting. I feel like a different person. I feel like a freak, like I'm in too much danger. I never wanted to be involved in anything. I never wanted to be the gem that everyone was looking for: either to use, to protect or to harm.

I loved my normal life with my weird and loving best friend, Baxter and his chatty girlfriend Marie. I even preferred working with an annoying boss who reduced my pay for wearing a pencil skirt to work instead of the diner's customized pants.

It all started when I decided to try out a love life instead of a regular life. I fell for a man who didn't love me: just wanted to use my powers for his benefit. He knew about me from the start, but he never told me about it, he just lead me on. He also happens to be the same man who wiped out my family years ago and lied to me about his brother being evil.

Maybe I don't feel resentment against Hudson because I didn't witness his cruel deeds enough.

All in all, my life was far from normal now. I was probably going to live for a hundred years. And I was being kept in Ace's house for his revenge. Everyone was using me, claiming to protect me or love me. All this wouldn't have been happening if I didn't have this stupid tattoo or these stupid healing powers.

The spirit of sleep visits me to take away all the bad thoughts and I slowly drift off to sleep.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I dream of snow white birds flying freely in the air not having a care in the world. They soar high in the sky at a full speed. They're about to descend down to the earth. I feel like I'm flying with them and we're descending together....

Suddenly I hear a creaking sound which makes me open my eyes, once again my dreams getting interrupted. I hope it's not morning and Ace has come to ask me for breakfast. I'm not cutting my finger again. Never.

I sit up in the bed and call: "Ace?"

The room is dark so I only see a tall dark figure walking towards me.

"Shhh." a voice hushes at me. "Eva it's me."

Gelled brown hair comes to view. The figure appears to me clearer and I recognize who it is.

"H-Hudson?" I stammer with utter shock.

"Yes, talk quietly. I'm taking you out of here. Come on, take my hand." he urges me, stretching out his hand.

I swallow. "Hudson..."

I'm interrupted when another body comes flying from the door, knocking Hudson's down. Ace!

He pounds on Hudson on the floor angrily, but Hudson rolls over, giving him the opportunity to deliver punches on Ace. I panic and scream for them to stop, but none of them seem to listen to me. They are just bent on hurting each other.

Ace sticks out his hand from beneath Hudson, using his telekinesis to draw my bedside lamp towards them and smashes it against Hudson's cheek. I close my eyes at the effect.

Sooner than later, things get ugly as objects fly across the room, hitting both men and scarring them badly. There's a deadly showcase of telekinesis. None of them seem to listen to my protests.

Then the world's most shocking thing happens! Hudson freaking levitates! Yes, like Superman. And then he pounces on Ace with several brutal punches.

Hudson overpowers Ace after a moment, plunges his head into the floor and slams it against the hard teak relentlessly. Ace seems to lose consciousness slowly but he struggles to hit Hudson with his fists. His efforts fail him as his head bangs countlessly against the floor.

"Hudson! Stop. Stop now!! You're going to kill him!!" I yell, having enough of this. Hudson abruptly stops at my voice and gets off Ace. I rush to Ace's frail and almost lifeless body on the floor and realise his head is bleeding. A lot.

I reach my hand behind his head to heal the injury, but Hudson grabs it.

"Don't touch him. Let's go." he growls. "You're coming with me."

"You're gonna let him die?" I snap, tears stinging my eye.

"Eva! Now!" Hudson snaps back.

I take one last look at Ace, before I'm dragged out of the room by Hudson.

🎵
Song recommendations:
Circles by Post Malone 👌
Control by Armaan Malik👌