THE RAGE

Wednesday evening. It's really peaceful out here in Exyclott and for the first time in a long time, I feel very alive. How can I not be, especially when I'm ensconced in a large, perfumed Exyclottan bath, all alone, without any creepy handmaidens touching my body?

It's one of the best places to assemble all my thoughts and reminisce how Ace's lips felt so good on mine. And how he touched me and how he looked at me with those beautiful eyes of his. How those eyes came into existence should be investigated. Or maybe they're supernatural eyes or something. I don't know, but they are just so gorgeous.

All this just makes me miss Baxter more. I could call him and tell him everything about me and Ace. But there's not a single connection in this medieval kingdom. However, he'd be very happy for me if he knew.

Just as I'm there thinking about my new life, the door to the bath cracks open, and I gasp as I see who is standing by it.

"Hudson? What are you doing here?" I ask, feeling a little nervous about he seeing me butt naked in a pool of water.

He smirks. "We have unfinished business." he says hoarsely, his voice making me want to cringe. There's a trace of emotion in his voice that I cannot decipher. But it's very suspicious.

I clear my throat nervously as he takes off his clothes, not breaking eye contact.

"What are you doing, Hudson?" I ask with a stern voice equally matching his, so as not to seem intimidated.

He lowers his body into the water and makes slow movements towards me. "I'm getting into the bath with you." he says with one broad smile.

I flinch when he touches my face with his finger. "Who allowed you in here?" I ask, prying his hand off me.

He tilts his head and examines me, as if trying to find a trace of fear. But I make sure he doesn't. "This is my home, Eva. I'm allowed anywhere."

My heart beats faster as he cups my face with both his hands and strokes my cheekbone with his thumb. I feel like jelly at this moment.

"I miss you, Eva. I miss us. We were happy together. Why have you gone so far away from me? Why won't you kiss me?" he asks. He gets no answers from me.

"Is it because I needed just a moment to tell you all about yourself? Or is it because of my mistakes in the past that I'm already fixing?" he continues, his eyes looking sad. Somehow it makes me feel bad too.

"I'm miserable without you. But you don't even care about me. You've forgotten about me. Look, all I need is a chance, at least one. Just to show you how much I love you." he says, moving really close to me that I can feel his breath against my skin. He moves his hand deftly against my naked back and pushes me against him such that there was no inch of space between us. I gasp with astonishment at our very intimate and inappropriate body contact.

"Hudson..." I try to speak, but fail miserably.

"Let's start all over again, Eva. I'm a changed man, I promise. I was a monster hundred years ago, greedy for power. But since you came into my life, you've humbled me and made me realize what's more important. I just want you to let me show you the new me." he says with pleading eyes that I almost sympathize with. But I can't... even if I want to.

"Look, Hudson..." once again, I fail to speak when he abruptly captures my lips with his, kissing me with... with some kind of desperation and fury.

But I've had enough of this. I push him away into the water with all the energy I could muster, climb out of the water and wrap a towel protectively around my body.

"Stop, Hudson! Just stop!" I yell frustratedly. "This is so wrong!"

He furiously slams the water with his fist, making it splatter in different directions, startling me. "Why is it wrong? Tell me, Eva?" he barks.

My body shivers at the tone of his voice. He's never frightened me this much. He walks angrily out of the water and faces me. "Tell me! I need answers. Why can't I touch you? Why can't I kiss you? Why can't I even get into the bath with you? Why can't I do all of that without you wanting to run away?" he asks eagerly, grabbing both my elbows.

I gulp nervously as I answer. "Because... because..."

"Is it because of Ace? Is it because of that little kiss you shared back there? Did it get you swooning?"

"How did you know..."

"I was there. I heard and saw everything." he drops my elbows roughly and steps back. Abruptly, laughter erupts from him. And it's not a humorous one.

"I have done everything you've asked. I left Apexi to Exyclott. I went against my mother to renounce my throne. I handed all of my most priced processions to my brother. I did it all for you, Eva. All this only for you to go and fall for my brother!"

"I didn't ask you to do it for me, Hudson! It's not all about me. You made it all about me." I scream, finally finding my voice. "I asked you to do it because of your people. I asked you to do it so that you could mend your own mistakes and become a better person, you asshole!"

"I still don't deserve any of this. I thought all I did will prove to you that I've changed and so that you will love me again. But you fell in love with Ace. You kissed him right in front of my eyes."

"Look, I understand that you've changed and it's all good. But I can't come back to you and Ace has nothing to do with it. I... I just can't love you anymore, Hudson. It's just not there. " I say, almost breaking down.

He nods slowly and staggers back. "Okay." he forces a smile. "I get it. I get that my brother has blinded you and you've fallen for him. But I'll not give up, Eva. You belong to me alone."

"I don't belong to anyone." I state firmly. "And if you really want to be a better person, do things right. Try to understand me."

"No. I'm not going to try to do anything right anymore, because it's not going to be worth it." he says, picking up his clothes and putting them on.

"If loving you is wrong, Eva, I am not going to be right." he states. His words scare me. This is not good. He opens the door and walks out of it, slamming it hard behind him, scaring me shit out of me.

I collapse down to the floor, trying to get a grip.

Suddenly, Ace rushes in with Otis. He finds me on the floor and helps me up as Otis wipes the wet floor where Hudson had splattered the water.

"I just saw Hudson walk out. Did he hurt you? Are you okay?" he asks worriedly, examining my body.

"I'm fine, Ace." I tell him.

"What did he want? What was he doing in your bath?" Ace's eyes look very angry, he looks like he wants to eat someone.

"He's angry. I... I'm afraid he'll do something stupid." I stutter frantically, clutching to my chest.

Ace kisses my head. "You'll be fine, Eva. I'll make sure nothing happens to you." He moves his lips to mine and kisses them. "I promise."

Hey there! I tried, people, I tried. It's all up to your judgement. Comment please. And vote for this too. Thank you  💙💚💛💜

🎵

Call Out My Name by The Weeknd 👌
Danger by BTS  👌