THE ANNOUNCEMENT

When the young ladies are done dressing me up, they turn me around to see my reflection. I look absolutely stunning, to say the least. I look like a queen, when Ace is the one going to be king. I've never looked so beautiful in my life, which such expensive looking jewelry and outstanding makeup. These Exyclott people were very wealthy.

And white looks perfect against my brown skin. In fact all the clothes they put in my wardrobe for me to wear while I stayed there were plain white and silk.

"Um... why are all my clothes white?" I ask.

"The people of Sansora wear white. It's a custom." they say, never looking at me, only the ground. Was that a thing over here? Moros, the young ladies, the guards, they never maintained eye contact while talking to me.

"Thanks a lot for helping me get ready." I say with a pleasant smile.

"You mustn't thank us, my lady. We, the people of Exyclott don't deserve to even touch you after what we did to..."

"Privacy." an authoritative male voice interrupts them. We all turn to see Hudson at the door, looking very handsome in a black suit and a Caesar cut .[A/N Ha!! That's kinda my name]. Also a glittery crown stood on his head.

The young ladies immediately disperse from the room in a nanosecond. This levitation thing is beginning to freak me out.

"You look beautiful." Hudson says with a smile as he bows. I curtsy back.

"You too."

Hudson chuckles. "You don't have to bow, Eva. The people of Sansora were like our priests even though we treated them like servants."

"Is that why I'm dressed like this? Clad in white?"

"Yes. Don't feel discontented if they show any sign of respect. Those girls, they will be your handmaidens." Hudson says. "While you stay here for a few days to heal the infected people, they will do everything for you."

"No Hudson, I don't want that. That's just weird." I decline.

"It's their duty, Eva. After all, you're doing us a huge favor."

"So... they're going to follow me to shower?"

A smirk takes over Hudson's lips. "By everything, I meant everything."
I wish Baxter was here. He'd laugh his ass off.

Hudson takes my hand in his and leads me to the forecourt whiles the young ladies slash handmaidens tag along behind us like an entourage. He tells me to sit on the highest chair between his and Ace's. I wish I could take a picture of the chair and post it on Twitter. It's just so fabulous.

Ace walks into the court with Elinor and Britney behind him looking very unhappy. And oh my god. Ace is a beauty. I can't help but ogle at him. Once again, someone give me a tissue before I turn into a drooling bull dog.

Ace is wearing a suit, except with a sideways cloak and a pompadour hairstyle. His beautiful gold and green eyes were standing out against his smooth face. His stoic face made him look even hotter. He comes to sit next to me, looking straight ahead, obviously still mad.

I nudge him a little. "You look hot, Ace."

He turns to my direction and looks me up and down with his gorgeous eyes.
"You look nice." he says, still stone faced. It does nothing to flatter me.

"How come you don't have a girlfriend?" I ask.

"Because I was stuck in a dungeon for twenty years and when I escaped, I was too angry to think about getting one." he answers sharply.

I chuckle. "Don't worry, after you get back your throne, you can get your queen." I whisper to him with a sheepish smile.

Ace glares at me again and looks straight ahead. "Keep quiet, Miss Cardale."

"Maybe you should start calling me Eva."

"No."

"Why?"

"You're superior to me."

"But you're going to be king."

"Eva, stop talking." he shushes me. I clear my throat and look straight ahead. Everyone is crowded down below, the minsters and priests are on the higher platform with us. I've never faced so much people. It makes me nervous.

Hudson makes his way to the front, facing the people gathered around and begins to address them.

"Good people of Exyclott, I am here today to give an important announcement. I have not been a good and loyal king to you all. I abandoned you all when you needed me in these hard times. Hundred years ago, when I killed and burnt the people of Sansora, a great curse befell us. Sutr brought a deadly disease upon our kingdom. But do not be afraid, for help is here." he turns and beckons me to join him. I stand up and coyly move towards him. I inwardly gasp at the attention I'm getting.

"This is Eva Cardale, and she is the last of Sansora." Hudson announces. I hear gasps and murmuring amongst the people.

Hudson clears his throat and continues. "She is the only one of Sansora who still lives. And despite what I did to her people, she is willing to help us against this deadly disease."

To my astonishment, everyone in the crowd bows and choruses: "All hail Sansora!"I almost jump with shock, but Hudson smiles at me to calm down.

"Also, I have done one more sinful deed against you good people of Exyclott. I have deprived you from having your one true king. Since I, King Zydus of Exyclott, am not the first born of my father, King Nixon, I deem myself unworthy of the throne of Exyclott. So on this day, with Sutr as witness, I, King Zydus of Exyclott hereby renounce my throne."

The crowd gasps again at his announcement and suddenly there's a chaos. I look at Hudson. He looks dissapointed, but he tries hard to maintain a stoic expression. We wait for the noise to come down before he continues.

"I renounce my throne to its rightful heir, my older brother, Ace Lockmore of Exyclott." Ace joins us, standing next to his brother. "I hereby pronounce Ace Lockmore, the first son of King Nixon, as King of Exyclott."

"All hail King Ace!!!! Long live Exyclott!! Praise be to Sutr!!!" the crowd choruses. Hudson turns to smile at me. I smile back in approval.

Maybe I only wasn't born to heal.

Please comment right after reading this chapter. Say hi if you have nothing much to say. Thank you 💜💙💛💚

🎵
Song Recommendations:

I Surrender by Celine Dion  👌
Star Gyal by Cocotreyy 👌
Daechwita by Agust D  👌