THE GUESTS

[EVA'S POV]

"50 percent off." Moros announces with an old man smile, helping the healed person up, who smiles thankfully at me before leaving. "You should go rest now. Queen Elinor has decided to organize a special dinner and you've been invited."

I pout slightly. "I'm not tired. There are fifty people left. It's just a matter of touching them."

Moros shakes his head. "No. We agreed on fifteen people a day. You need to replenish your energy by resting, My Lady."

I sigh. "Fine."

"I'll just go and tell the king about the number of recovered people." he says.

"No." the words slip out of my mouth before I can think. "I'll tell him myself. It's my job."

I see a hint of amusement in Moros's eyes as he nods. "Very well. He should be at the training grounds."

                          Okay, maybe that totally wasn't because I needed to find a way to talk to Ace...or even get him to kiss me again. Totally not. It is my job to give Ace that information. I'm the doctor here.

I roam around the palace like a lost sheep for about fifteen minutes, with my dress dragging behind me, looking for the training grounds. I should've asked Moros to show me where the training grounds were situated. How could I possibly forget that? Oh, maybe it's because I've lived in Exyclott since my childhood!

I'm walking past a gigantic palace pillar in front of the courtyard, when I hear talking voices. I walk backwards out of curiosity, maybe hoping one of the voices belonged to Ace. Instead, I see Hudson's muscular back facing me. He's talking frostily to a huge man with a bald head which had a crown on it. He looked absolutely stunning and intimidating in his outfit, which was a shiny bronze armor with a thunder blot symbol etched across it.

Considering the guards surrounding the unknown man and the jewels adorning him, it was logical to assume that he was a king. But although he was as hefty as Hudson and intimidating to me, he was not intimidating to Hudson in anyway.

The way Hudson bellowed at him frightened me and made me cringe before anyone caught me eavesdropping.

"Conditions? You're in no position to demand anything!" came his sharp voice.

"Why do you object? The last time I checked, you still owe us a lot from your treasuries for fighting your battles because half your warriors turned into corpses!" the unknown man barked back at him.

"Do not raise your voice at me, Ekon. If I was still the king, you'd be trembling at my feet."

"Well that is true. But the person I'm seeing right now is just a subordinate, even lesser than me. If you do not give us what we want, we shall claim it, Zydus." Ekon says in a threatening voice pointing a finger at Hudson.

Before I can hear Hudson's reply, a hand taps my shoulder, startling me. I turn around to meet a confused looking Athena.

"My Lady," she curtsies. "Are you waiting for someone?"

"Um... I was just looking for Ace... where's the training grounds?" I ask.

"Oh, I shall walk you there. You should see the king training Otis and his friends." Athena says excitedly.

I glare at her with horror. "Otis is only eleven years old."

Athena laughs at my words. "That's just how it's done here, My Lady."

             My jaw drops at the sight I see when I'm lead by Athena to the training grounds. I must look like a weirdo right now by how I kept staring at Ace's golden brown, well built torso which was dripping with sweat and had crystals of sand stuck to it. His hair was a bit dusty and tousled which made me want to melt to wax at his incredible beauty. I watched intensely at how his muscles flexed as he rose high up into the air and levitated, his chest sexily exposed and his limbs covered in green pants.