THE RESENTMENT

[EVA'S POV]

I spend the next few hours in my bedroom, cutting myself, touching the injury and watching it heal with awe and fascination. And then I try to process everything Ace had said to me earlier, finding it both ridiculous and unbelievable.

But then it all comes back to me, the day I first met Hudson. He practically dragged me away from the dance floor because of the tattoo on my neck. What if he already knew about it?

I remember his words clearly: "Oh my God! There's one more of you!" What if 'one more of you' meant one more of the Sansora or whatever?

But I was so ignorant, I didn't know what was going on. And what if he went on a date with me, so that we could get into a relationship... damn what if it was all a plan?

Him proposing to me after only three months... what if Ace was right? Hudson wanted us to get married so that I could give him Sansoran children? So he didn't love me...he was using me.

No, I can't listen to Ace.

I mean, supernaturals don't even exist. Or do they? I'm a typical example. I'm a freak!

I can heal injures in a nanosecond with just a touch of my hand. I'm indestructible! Isn't that crazy? I could be an Avenger! I could save the world from pandemics and endemics. I could heal Mr. Sanchez's big fat swollen ego and quit from working at that stupid diner to become a rich miracle doctor!!!

Oh my God. What if that's why Hudson called me his doctor and... and said that I was his treatment? I thought he was being romantic, but he was being serious. He knew my capabilities all this time. And that explains the picture of him and his family wearing weird outfits in that old picture I found in Ace's room.

When everything comes together, it makes perfect sense but it's still unbelievable that Hudson Lockmore, billionaire and owner of Apexi is some sort of supernatural. Ha. He's even got a kingdom. How is that even possible? And I was even going to marry him.

I'm gonna lose my mind right now if I don't get answers or explanations or even a therapy. What would you do if you were told that your fiance was a supernatural... or you were some sort of indestructible freak?! And that your ancestors whom you never knew were freaks like you? Your mom, your dad, your aunt, your uncle... your entire family. And you're the only one of them alive?!

Damn this room is hot! I need some fresh air. I should get some water from the refrigerator and go to swim in Ace's pool.

However, when I get to the pool, Ace already beat me to it. He's in the pool, shirtless, with a glass of wine in his hand. Oh Mother Nature of hotness! I'm going to melt to wax if Ace doesn't stop being so hot in front of me.

Our eyes meet and he beckons me to join him. If I decline, it will be so obvious that I was a teeny little bit attracted to him and I was too shy to strip in front of him. So I pretend to be indifferent, take off my clothes, leaving my underwear and then I walk into the pool.

We stay in the pool for a while, swimming around and ignoring each other like we weren't there. But I need answers. Badly. So I swim towards him and get his attention.

"So I'm indestructible, huh?" I ask.

"Yes, but I wouldn't put it that way." Ace says.