35.

[Highly unedited]

You walk into the common room and see Taehyung already seated on the sofa.

You take a deep breath and walk to him.

He senses your presence and looks up at you. Your eyes lock with each other before you decide to look away first.

He clears his throat and shifts to the side on the sofa, giving you space to sit down.

"Thank you." You say and sit down beside him.

There is an eerie moment of silence as both of you sit awkwardly, not daring to take the first initiative to start a conversation.

You can't take the silence anymore and turn to face him. You are surprised to see that he was already looking at you.

You look away quickly and hide your flushing face before turning back to him.

He was still staring.

Your smile at him. "Anything you want to say?"

He just keeps staring before looking away and giving a small nod.

"Okay. I'm all ears."

He clears his throat again and looks up at you. His long bangs touching his lashes and his eyes almost hidden from his hair. "Look Y/N...ugh..I'll be honest with you. I've never been on a date before let alone set my eyes on someone." he starts, trying to find the correct words to explain. "I'm an amateur in this field. I may act weird and awkward so I'm asking for your forgiveness in advance."

You break out into a smile and then into a chuckle. He looks up at you through his lashes, obviously blushing.

You shift closer towards him and turn your body towards him, lifting your legs and folding them under your thighs. "Its okay Taehyung. I'm an amateur myself. Although I've had dozens of crushes before." you admit but decide to change the topic. "Anyways... This way we can learn to cooperate." You smile at him.

He smiles back at you. "I hope so."

"Yeah...me too."

"By the way," he says looking right into your eyes this time. "There is this thing that I thought of before coming here."

You give an acknowledging nod and gesture him to go on.

He clears his throat again as his hand reaches for his pocket. He soon pulls out a crumbled paper rather shyly and avoids eye contact.

"Ugh.. When Jungkook called me up I was hesitant at first but then something came up in my mind and I thought to grab the opportunity-" He says and starts opening the wrinkled paper. "-to ask basic questions."

You blink rapidly as he finishes his sentence. You suck your lips inside, muffling up the laugh which was trying escaping from your throat.

He looks up after spreading the paper nicely infront of him. He blushes at your reaction and looks away.

He sure was an amateur judging from this act of innocence and cuteness.

He tries to crumple the paper again but you stop him before he does, grabbing his hand swiftly and ceased his actions.

"Don't get the wrong idea... I wasn't laughing at you." You tell him fearing that he thought other wise.

He gives a small nod and drops the paper on the sofa. "Oh..I thought.."

"No.. I just.." You think twice before saying the next words. "It's cute." You admit and blush at your own words but continue to maintain eye contact.