42.

You flinch as you suddenly hear Jimin's voice echoing into the room. Slightly disappointed that it was not Taehyung.

"I'll answer it." Hoseok sighs and gets up from the couch as he heads towards the corridor.

Soon an angry Jimin strides in, his eyes wide and filled with anger. An emotion you had never seen in him.

"Y/N. What the hell are you thinking?" he fumes as he stops in front of you, his chest leaving up and down.

Unknown to you and Jimin, Hoseok quietly hides behind the walls of the corridor as he watched the both of you. Taehyung and Jungkook appear behind him, peeking through the older's shoulder in stealth mode.

"You can't go out! You have to stay away from the media and let me handle the rest!" he exclaims.

You blink rapidly as you drink his words and the unfamiliar Jimin standing before you and wisely choose your words.

"I'm done being silent. I'm done letting her control my life. I know I've done nothing wrong so I'll stand up to her." You raised your chin and crossed your arms, letting him get the message that you were damn serious.

Jimin runs his fingers through his hair in a frustrated manner. "You don't understand. You have to stay low for a while. I told you, I'll handle everything." he reminds you.

You exhale loudly and rest your palms on either side of your hips. "I know Jimin. I understand but I'm really really tired of this." You groan as you let your hidden feelings out. "The more I stay quiet, the more she feels powerful. I'm usually not the one to back down but for Taehyung's sake..... I did, and now? I'm done."

"Y/N..." Jimin frowned his voice suddenly turned low as he pleaded, his eyes on the ground. "Please. Please let me do something for you once. Let me protect you."

His words make your eyes widen in shock. You would normally melt at those words but this time it made you feel uneasy and protected at the same time.

You get certain flashbacks about his secret conversation on the phone with the stranger, his over caring nature towards you. This makes you to say the words you had been keeping inside for months.

"Why?"

The blonde looks up quickly, his eyebrows furrowed and confused. "Why?" he repeats the word. "Because I want to. It's my duty-" he trails off and fails to finish his sentence.

"Your duty?" You raise a brow. "What do you mean by that?"

Hoseok bites his lower lip and shuts his eyes close in prayer. Jungkook's eyes turn lifeless as he slaps his forehead and Taehyung purses his lips, making his cheeks puff up.

"Are you hiding something from me?"

Jimin bites his tongue at that and silently curses himself as he trails his eyes back to his feet. Contemplating on excuses to use he realizes that there is no excuse for the words he just said.

"Jimin." You snap this time, your eyes blank and void of any emotion.

"I-I..." he trails off again, refusing to look up at you.

"A month ago," you begin. "I was passing by the park and I over heard your conversation with someone. I tried to pass by when I heard you mention my name to that person. I wish I had eavesdropped more but I didn't so I'll ask you again Jimin, are you hiding something from me?"

Jimin squints his eyes as he remembers that one time when he asked his friend, Sejin to look into your background before he was sure.

The blonde sighs and finally looks up at you. His eyes soft this time. He was not planning for you to find out this way but he had to tell you now.