39.

Taehyung drives swiftly past the traffic as he suddenly remembers the words he said to you hours ago.

Now with the knowledge of his past and arcane childhood,he carelessly ignores the speed limit and tightens the grip on the steering wheel as he over takes a car with a sharp right turn and hits the accelerator.

He soon reaches the compound and parks his car before running towards the park, he catches your sitting figure on a bench and Jimin seated beside you.

His eyes widens as he quietly proceeds to hide behind a bush and eavesdrop on your conversation.

"You sure are head over heels." He hears Jimin's teasing voice.

"What? No! Don't be delulu." You say as Taehyung secretly lets out a small chuckle, covering his mouth with his hand to drain out the noise.

"Let me keep you company then okay?" Jimin says as Taehyung couldn't help but smile at the statement as he finally understands Jimin's intentions. It was nothing sexual. All that caring and kindness was just an act of an older brother hiding behind his mask.

~~

"So all this time Jimin was trying to find his family?"

Taehyung's father nods as he takes a slow sip of his wine and crosses his leg. "He's been on the search for three years until recently he found her. His sister."

"His sister? Who?" He asks in curiosity.

"Her name is Lee Y/N. Soon to be graduate. Originally from Daegu but moved to Busan for unknown reasons. Quite cute."

"Y/N? Lee Y/N?" Taehyung gasps out in shock, the food almost spitting out of his mouth.

"Yes. Your secretary."

~~

Taehyung mentally slaps himself for even being jealous of Jimin.

There is a moment of silence as you soon give a nod. "Okay...Thanks."

Taehyung bites his lip as he shakes his head in amusement. "Jimin wait till I get my hands on you." he mumbles.

Silence spreads in the atmosphere for a while when you come up with a question. "Jimin..how long have you known Taehyung?"

The blonde turns his head to you. "Ever since he was adopted."

Your eyes widen. "That long? Wow. No wonder both of you are so close." you say swinging your legs back and forth.

"Jungkook and you have been friends since birth. Mine is not surprising." he tilts his head and chuckles at your reaction.

You roll your eyes. "Yeah I know. It's just that your friendship is.. beautiful. As if it's meant to be fate. Your friendship stood out from the moment I saw you both together." You say with a smile.

"That's a first but thanks." he smiles back.

You decide to ask him another question out of curiosity all though hoping that you were not crossing the line. "How did you meet Taehyung?"

He pouts in wonder as if thinking hard. "Do you want me to be honest?" You think for a while before giving a nod.

"We are actually step brothers."

You let out a gasp as you feel your eyes widening. "Step brothers?"

"Yes. I was adopted before him."

"You are both adopted? Both?" You try confirming again as he gives a nod with no hesitation.

Your shock soon disappers as you fall silent. "W-wait...I'm sorry." You mumble suddenly and look down at your fingers.