48.

-Last Day-

"Return safely. Okay?" Your dad says.

You were currently in the living room with your dad and were having some alone time with him. You barely spent time with him as he was busy with work.

"I will dad. Don't worry." You give him an assuring look.

"So...umm..is that boyfriend of yours treating you well?" He suddenly asks out of the blue.

Your smile proudly. "Like a queen."

He snorts. "Well that's good news." He crosses his legs and stares at a framed picture hung on the wall. It was your eight year old self and your dad.

You swear sometimes he acts so childish.

You roll your eyes. "I'm still your princess dad. No one will exceed you." You sang and engulf him to a side hug.

You feel his body relaxing when you say those words.

"You know I love you right?" He mumbles and slowly caresses your hair. You nod and hug him tighter.

Suddenly those indirect words of love expressed by Taehyung towards you ring inside your ear, making you shiver.

You don't know why you just had that flashback but you were really hoping that you were not becoming philophobic.

But the thing was, his confession had scared you. Because you were not sure if you were at the same stage with him yet.

Of course you liked him a lot but you were not sure if you were in love with him. Actually even the thought of it scared you as you were not ready at the moment.

It was best to act oblivious and stupid for a while until he actually said it directly to you. But you wondered when would that be? And how would you respond to those words?

"Honey?"

You are taken aback from your thoughts. Your father is looking at you with worry. "Something on your mind?"

He was someone who knew how to read your expressions and understood you. Your father knew you better than your mother did.

You sigh. "Its just- just that-" you keep stopping in between your words, finding it hard to explain.

"Did that punk do something?" He raises a brow, his eyes narrowing.

You shake your head. "No dad. Just...I mean yes..but no. He said something he wasn't supposed to...at least for me." You mumble as you lean your head on his shoulder.

"If he told you to eat less then I'll break his bones right now." Your father threatens.

"Its not that either." You say. "He..." you stop with your words again.

It was so weird. The fact that it sounded beautiful to hear the guy say it in K-dramas but in real life...it was quite nerve wrecking.

"Don't tell me...he said the 'L' word?" Your father asks, shock plastered on his face.

You gulped but slowly gave a nod.

"What a brave kid." He suddenly let's out a small chuckle. You pull away and turn to look at your dad. "What do you mean?"

"Its quite hard to say those words to someone. The word love itself holds such an important and beautiful meaning. It actually took me a year to tell your mom that I loved her and this kid already had a kickstart."

He continues. "Based on my observations, he seems like a smart guy. A man of his words. Does not seem like those boys who throws those words freely. I believe he really meant it if he did say it." Your dad concludes with a satisfactory nod.