[Namrose] Speaking of the Devil

Her cellphone was ringing, the ringing sound increased. She was paralyzed, she was overwhelmed, she was willing inside to answer, but she was so scared, that her hand was not able to reach the phone that was just a few inches from her on the bed. The ringing stopped. She sighed in relief.

She took the phone beside her laying body. She saw the notification of the four missed calls from Namjoon. She regretted it, why does she have to have that big mouth? Why so easy to say those words without really thinking if them. When she found out what she said to him, it was already late. She wanted her the ground to swallow her up.

The cold breeze of the night was getting into her room through the thin space that she left between the window and the frame, the lights were off, and all she could hear was the chirping sounds of the grasshoppers outside.

A minute passed she was still there laying down in the middle of her bed with her right arm extended and her hand holding her phone in front of her face, so she can focus on the lock screen of it. Namjoon sunbae why do you keep calling me? Don't you understand that I am too embarrassed to pick up the phone?

She abruptly shivered when her phone started ringing again, the cellphone felt down and hit her in her face. "Shit!" That hurt, she grabbed her phone and saw the caller's name. Was he again.

"Hello!? Hello?" She heard Namjoon voice through the phone. Her eyes gore wider, she must have accepted that call while grabbing the phone again.

She stood up quickly from her bed, opening the window expecting that the fresh air will help her to calm down. "Sunbae?" She called him with her voice trembling in inquiring tone wishing he was not.

"I am glad to hear from you!! I have been calling you, but you didn't answer!!" she could hear his breathing. "I was so worried." Chaeyoung could hear his tone voice, he was indeed worried.

She inhaled and exhaled before answering. "I am so sorry sunbae, I was taking a shower" she inhale and exhaled again "I know you told me I should write you when I got home. I just forgot it." She was a complete liar.

"It's ok Chaeyoung, I am just glad to know that you got safe home". She smiled for herself, hearing Namjoon be worried about her made her happy. "But please, don't do that ever again, the first thing to do when you get home must be texting me." Chaeyoung was glad that that conversation was by phone and no face to face. Her face was redder than her hair color. "I mean!" Chaeyoung could hear the f*ck word that Namjoon tried to keep for himself, realizing what he just said. She thought it was very cute.

"I know sunbae, I know what you mean, I am sorry for making you worried. I will text you always from now on " She was screaming inside.

"Good to hear that!" They both smiled for each other without knowing. "It's late and we have to go wake up early to go to classes. Good night Chaeyoung".

"Good night sunbae, again sorry."

She was about to hang up the phone, when she could hear his voice again "Chaeyoung?"

"Yes?"

There was a vet small silence. He cleared his voice. "I love to hang out with you too." The hangup sound was making echo through Chaeyoung body.

If she had red cheeks earlier, know she felt a fire, a violent fir inside her body that was about to explode, her breathing was getting faster and her smile almost reached her ears, happiness was what she was feeling. After all her lack of self-control turned into a lovely good night wish.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0