1.15

Amaris stood at the entrance of the restaurant shocked.
How can this be. The other person just nodded at them. Agreeing to the fact that he is the duke. Or maybe agreeing to her acknowledging the fact that he is (Amaris's) human lover that she had to look for.

And for some reason he gave her a sad smile.
And than motioned them to come and sit at the table.

Everyone was cautious of the man.

" I am glad that you accepted my invitation."

"It's an honour."

Amaris replied politely. To that the man gave an empty smile and said,

" I wonder if it truly is."

There was silence for some time. Which was broken by Damien himself,

" You won't ask why I invited you here?"

Amaris simply said,

" Is it about the meeting with spirit king?"

Damien nodded,

" If you want to stop us than I am sorry we won't. The plans that your kin made are not worthy to be forgiven."

Amaris said cooky while others just nodded along.

" I am not trying to stop you from doing that. I just called you here to give this file to you.
And also you might want to listen to this."

Saying that he took out a recording orb, and from that a voice that everyone was familiar with came out,
****
" Hue are you sure that queen Amaris truly loved the human guy."

" According to our data yes it is true."

" But she said she did not love him."

" She maybe saying that to convince herself by saying that."

" Anyway I want prove for that claim. Or else my plan might just fall."
****

After listening to the recording Amaris looked at him warily.

" Why did she want to know about that guy?"

" It was her plan B,

To make you believe that the guy disappeared in mer Kingdom and than you would lead them to war.
This way elves would join sirens and dwarves with mermaids as both of there rulers are related would end up in war.

This way they would make dragon king to attack as well to show that sirens did not give them face by not only rejecting there prince but also starting a war over a mere human. That way they would contact spirit king who would punish them for starting bloodshed."

" Honestly what a stupid plan. I can't believe they would be this stupid. Who starts a war over love?

At first it may seem romantic but no it is not. It is horrifying. There are many innocent people among them and besides a fancy seat of a ruler may look bright from outside but a true ruler doesn't have a leisure to fall in love with anyone.

They have to sacrifice a lot just so there nation could be at peace.

And sorry to say I won't do anything like that. As she imagined.

Amaris may have loved him but a queen loves her nation more."

Damien just smiled.

" If it was just this than we may take our leave."

Rai said looking uncomfortably at the guy in front.

Damien nodded and said,

" You may leave. But before that can I took to your highness queen Amaris alone."

The group was about to reject before he added,

" It won't take long."

Amaris said,
" Very well than."

~~end of chapter.~~

Hope you enjoyed the chapter 😊🎉