Gone forever

Third person POV The morning after

Stephen stayed all night. He stayed in the same chair. He did not even move a muscle. Once he fell asleep he laid his head on her bed. Still holding her hand. He was there till the end.

The others all met in the same place. The place where she was shot. Bruce hesitated before placing his fingers in the blood. He brought them up to his nose. He knew the scent of her blood. From the last time she got hurt. He knew what it smelled like. Once he got a whiff of it. His eyes welled up with tears. "It's hers", he whispered.

They all heard a whimper. They turned to Clint who they haven't seen in a year. He was holding a year old baby. They knew who it was. It was Luna. She was beautiful. "Luna", Wanda whispered. She walked over and placed a soft hand on the baby's cheek. Lunas eyes met Wanda's. Luna looked her over. Before placing a tiny baby hand on top of Wanda's. "Momma?", she said softly. Wanda's eyes softened. Her Luna baby just called her momma. (Chloe was mommy, Wanda was momma and Natasha is Ma).

"I'm pretty sure whoever found her brought her to the hospital", Steve said. He couldn't look at the scene. It made his stomach churn. "Let's go then, what are we waiting for", tony said. He then flew up in the sky and flew towards the hospital. They all nodded and started to run. Faster then they've ever ran.

////////////////////////////////

Once they got there. They immediately ran inside. They had every single eye on them. But that didn't matter at all. They ran up to the desk. The lady looked up. "We're here for........", tony never got a chance to finish his sentence.

"I know who your here for", a lady behind them said. They all turned around. They saw a blonde lady. She looked like a nurse or a doctor. "Your here for Chloe aren't you", she said. They all nodded. "Is she okay?", tony, Clint and Loki said at the same time. Christine sighed. She didn't say anything for a second. Before she did. "I'm sorry to say she never made it off the table, her heart was just to weak, the bullet was too close to her heart", she said.

And the first thing they heard after that. Was the sound of a baby's cry. Loud and filled with sadness. "Mommy!", Luna yelled. She screamed and cried. "Mommy!", she yelled again. Loki brought her close to his chest. As tears rolled down his cheeks. His heart broke. His soul broke. He felt empty.

The others just froze.

Until tony.

He got angry. "No! She's not dead! She's not gone, she's still here, she's okay, don't you lie to me! CHLOE!", he yelled as he pointed at Christine with tears rolling down his cheeks. Steve held him back from doing something stupid. He struggled. He cried and sobbed. "Chloe!", he yelled again. "Don't you lie to us, she's still here, she's okay", he said pointing a finger at Christine.

The doctor who worked on Chloe came over. "I'm sorry, but we tried everything, her heart just wouldn't start again, she's gone", he said. Tony broke down in Steve's arms. He sobbed and sobbed and cried. "No. No! No! She can't be gone, we........we were supposed to get married, we were supposed to be happy, I...............didn't get to say goodbye", he said as he cried. Steve held him, so he wouldn't hit the floor. But the soldier felt just as bad as tony did. He had tears rolling down his cheeks. His soulmate was dead. She wasn't coming back from this.

Peter held onto Natasha as he cried as hard as he ever had.

'We let the waters rise
We drifted to survive
I needed you to stay
But I let you drift away'