Chapter One

Sebby

This was not a date, Sebby told himself that evening as he pulled off his black sweater and grabbed one in navy blue. It was clearly a booty call, so there was no reason for him to sweat what he was wearing, really.
He pulled on the blue sweater and studied his reflection.

It's one thing to betray your family by not only starting a friends with benefit relationship with the enemy, but to fall for him. It's a whole other brand of shitshow to get knocked up by said enemy, especially when they had no idea and didn't feel the same.
Sebby was totally screwed and he knew it. Yet here he was obsessing over how he looked, because maybe today would be the day that Quincy would see him as more than just a warm hole to stick his dick into.

For as long as Sebby could remember, his father (who was also the sheriff) had always hammered into their heads how despicable a pack the James were. They had a long history of dealing heroin and firearms, amongst other things. But did that stop him from falling for the boy's charms? Nope.

Quincy James was a notoriously nasty, arrogant, hothead and everyone in Lakewood-Drive knew it. He said what he wanted, did what he wanted, and took what he wanted with little or no regard for anyone's emotion or opinion, Sebby included.
As a matter of fact he'd been Sebby's biggest nemesis most of their lives. In high-school they couldn't go a day without getting into it, the Sheriff's son and the son of the resident drug lord, everyone knew they loathed each other. So how they went from that to this peculiar situation still had Sebby shook.

"Okay, i dont know if you think that mirrow would have solutions to your problems if you stared at it long enough, but one more minute and you're walking to your dick appointment." Sebby's best friend said with the usual amount of sass he was now accustomed to.

Sebby rolled his eyes. "It's more than that."

"Erm, reality and I begs to differ." She said chuckling.

"You're very hilarious Ayanna. if nursing doesn't work out for you, you should consider a career in stand up comedy." Sebby replied humorlessly, which was a clear sign of irritation.

"Oh oh."

"What?"

"Nothing." Ayanna said raising her hands in surrender.

"What bitch? If you have something to say just say it."

"I don't know Seb, it seems to me like you enjoy making yourself miserable," Sebby began to say something but she continued. "I mean, first you get involved with that fuck nigga, knowing that could cause an actual war between two families with a long history of animosity, now you're knocked up and won't tell him. Is it that you think you'd never show? What exactly do you hope to accomplish by withholding that information?"

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"I don't? Right. So Quincy isn't a piece of shit who bullied you for years and now continues to do so by using you for his satisfaction? Or is it the bun in the oven you're hiding that I'm wrong about?"

"Alright fuck off, it's not that simple and you know it. You know why I can't tell him."

"No I really don't, enlighten me."

Sebby said nothing.
Ayanna sighed and got up, placing both hands on his shoulder.

"Look I'm sorry if I'm being an ass, you know I always have your back. but this is getting out of hand Seb. Yes Q is a narcissistic asswipe who only cares about himself, everyone and their mama know that. And it's no secret that I'm not his biggest fan. But even I think he needs to know."