Chapter Eleven

The sound of voices outside the room woke me up, I started to get up and winced audibly, the inside of my head feels like an opera concert was going on in there, which is the worst kind of torture if you ask me.

"How long has he been like that?" I heard my dad ask outside the door, I'm assuming he's talking to Rico. I had no idea he was back, how the fuck long was I asleep for?

"A day and half, he been asleep the whole time too."

"Aight I'll handle Q. Send word out that I need whoever is responsible for that break-in brought to me asap, incase it was just a random junkie with a death wish. In the meantime take Ringo and carry out your own investigations and let me know your findings. Whoever did this either knew we wasn't gon be home, or they didn't give a shit, dunno which is worse. Send DJ and two others to clean up my house and replace everything, I don't want to see that mess."

"Sure thing pops, I'm on it."

A moment later, I heard the front door open and shut, and then some shuffling in Rico's kitchen. After what felt like eternity pops opened the bedroom door and stepped in, with some breakfast. "You look like shit." He said calmly, with a small smile on his face, before dropping the plate on my lap. "Eat."

"You know that ain't true though, right?" I said, sitting up carefully in a way that didn't spill my food. Not that I had any intention of eating it.

"What?"

"What you said to Rico, it wasn't no random pops. All my shit got torn up, but your room was intact, they knew what they was doing. The sheriff did that shit, that bitchass nígga has it out for me."

"Watch your mouth." My pops scolded. "I don't think Spencer did that, that ain't his style. But I'll find out soon enough, I'll go talk to him." I nodded. My dad's ability to think things through before acting was obviously a skill I didn't inherit, I'm more of a shoot first, ask questions later kinda guy.

"So, how's Sebastian?" He asked after a minute of silence.

"I don't know pops, probably looking for the next suit to pawn my child off t..." before I could finish my sentence, pops pulled me up with his hand around my neck and slammed me against the wall. The plate full of food splattered across the room.

"What the hell is wrong with you boy? You really gon fix your mouth and disrespect the boy who's carrying your child like that? Did I raise a bitch? Huh?" I couldn't breathe, let alone speak so I just shook my head furiously, and he let go. Then he proceeded to straighten up his shirt and leaned by the door like he didn't just try to choke me out.

"How you gon find out that you're bringing a life into this world, and instead of handling that you wanna lie down in here and sulk."

"He knew for over a month and said nothing pops, that's fucked up."

"When did you expect him to say sum? Was it when you was telling the whole planet that he meant nothing to you? Or when..., you know what never mind."

"Since when are you so pro Sebby anyway? What happened to 'he'll chew and spit you out'?" I asked annoyed. My emotions have been all over the place the last two days.

"I know I said that, and I apologize. I think i was just projecting. But it ain't about what none of us think anymore, how anyone else feels don't matter no more. Y'all are bringing a life into this world, and the only people that should matter to you now is your kid and your man." He paused and takes a deep breath before shaking his head, and continuing. As If to say, he didn't know what to do with me anymore.

"And he's scared, he's doing most of the work and he's scared shitless, so you need to get over yourself and make things right."

When I didn't say anything, he added "clean yourself up, you stink." Without another word he walked away, I'm guessing to go talk to the sheriff.

My dad was right and I know that, but dwelling on my anger was easier than facing the fact that I screwed up royally.

I honestly never thought about having kids, or falling in-love for that matter. But after careful consideration, a little freckled little girl, or boy didn't sound like a bad idea. Sebby will never forgive me though. What was I thinking going over there like that?

I look at the clock and it's almost 4pm, Sebby should be getting off work in an hour and that's the best place to find him. I reached out and got my phone from the reading desk to call Sebby, and not only do I have a million messages and missed calls, but my battery had one percent left. So I plug it in and walk butt naked into the shower instead.

——

Thirty minutes later I was sitting in my car outside the tattoo shop, wondering how to approach this. This whole caring about someone else shit is new to me and I feel like I'm doing a shit job at it.

Walking up to the shop, that weird skinny white dude was at the front desk chewing on a pencil as usual. He gave me an irritated look, like my mare existence was messing with his peace of mind, and fucking up his pencil lunch.

"What's up Rusty? Is Sebby here?" I asked, and this bitch just glanced at me and flung his face someplace else. I'm about to fling my fist up his ass if he keeps playing with me. "Quit playing boy, I ain't got all day."

"He's not here, not that he ever is." The pencil eating boy finally said. And I nodded and started to walk back to my car, but not before he added, "tell your boyfriend to try doing his job once in a while, before this place goes under. Not all of us have rich daddies you know."

I flip him off without looking back, and continued walking till I got to my car. Now back in my car i try to call Sebby, but got his voicemail. The only other person I could think of calling who doesn't hate me too much was Sabrina, so I dialed her instead.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's Q."

"What do you want?" Sabrina asked, the hostility in her voice clear as day.

"Look, I'm sorry about how I acted the other day. I was sleep deprived and under a lot of pressure, and I'm tryna make things right. I need to talk to Sebby, can you tell me where he is?" She was silent for a bit, if it weren't for her faint breathing coming through the phone I would've thought she hung up.

"He went out for a walk, I dunno where."

"Can you tell him to call me?"

"Sure."

"Aight, thanks Sabby, i rea..." She hung up.

>>>>~~~~~~~~~~~<<<<

Elsewhere in town, a car slammed on its breaks and honked its horn. Sebby vaguely heard someone swearing at him, and a different voice yelling at him.
Sebby ran across Lake-Avenue, dodging the traffic, sweat was pouring down his neck, and his shirt stuck to his back. He reached into his pocket to get his phone so he could call his dad for help, but remembered he left without it. Fuck!
He kept running, he was two blocks away from home and even though he was tired he wasn't going to stop till he got to safety.

It was dark and cold and Sebby cursed himself for wandering off and staying this late. His heartbeat pumped loudly as he continued running. There was more yelling from the van chasing him, but soon the yelling stopped, and so did Sebby. As his limp body got dragged into a black van and taken away.

————————————————————————
A/N
Should I do a chapter from one of the dad's point of view? If yes, which one?

Or should I just gloss over their conversation in a later chapter?