Part Four: bebé

Sebby Jackson

"Have you heard anything from Q?" Sabrina asked her brother, sounding a little out of breath from goofing around with Qani.
Sebby shook his head no.

"He's going through a lot right now, just give it some time." Sebby's dad said walking into the living room and kissing both his kids on their foreheads.

Sebby's jaw dropped dramatically at his father's words. "Who are you and what have you done with my father?"

Spencer chuckled. "Let's just say he grew on me and leave it at that." The man said over his shoulder as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

Sebby and Sabrina were visiting for Sunday brunch, except their mom was apparently out of town and their dad was dressed for work and about to head out. "Don't worry kiddo, I'm certain you two will figure it out. Gotta go, lock up for me will you."

After Sebby's dad left he looked at his sister to find her already watching him. "Stop, I'm fine." He said.

"You know Q loves you right? I don't think he'd intentionally hurt you."

"I know. As much as he hates to admit it he's a very emotional person and most of the time he doesn't know what to do with all that emotion. I just wish he'd talk to me, you know"

"I know, and he will. Just give it time like dad said."

"Dada!" Qani said from were he was sitting on the floor playing, and talking to Sebby's wallpaper which happened to be a photo of Quincy. Sebby felt sad for his baby. He'd said his first word 'dada' three days ago and Quincy had completely missed it.

All of a sudden Sebby felt sick and ran to the sink to throw up. This was becoming a reoccurring thing the past week and he was getting tired of it. His stomach wasn't in good shape, he felt like he might've caught a bug or something.

"Are you okay?" Sabrina asked, walking over and rubbing his back soothingly.

"Yeah I'm fine, I think I might be getting ill." He rinsed his mouth and sat back down. "I'll go to the hospital tomorrow don't worry." He added when he saw the worried look on his sister's face.

——

The following day Sebby sat in the waiting room with Ayanna. It was her lunch break and she wanted to spend it waiting with him. His legs kept shaking uncontrollably, that usually happened when he was nervous, and boy was he nervous.

"Calm down, I'm sure it's nothing serious." Ayanna said. She was trying to make him feel better, and it worked a little but not too much.

"Mr Jackson, the doctor will see you now." Final-fuckin-lly!

After a detailed examination and having given what seemed like a gallon of his blood, Sebby was finally free to dress and was waiting in the doctor's office. Ayanna had gone back to work at that point, she was a nurse at the same hospital. As soon as the doctor walked in a short while later, Sebby smiled and asked, "what's the verdict doctor? Am i going to live?" He was only half joking.

"With good reason too." She replied, smiling."

Sebby didn't know how to take those words, so he scratched the back of his head nervously, then asked, "what do you mean?"

"You're three weeks pregnant."