Part Eighteen: Hurdle

Omniscient

Ring stared at his phone in annoyance as he called Rico for the umpteenth time with no answer. He cussed and flung it across the room.

He paced back and forth in his large bedroom, everything in there smelled like Rico already and that made him even more upset.

It was four days since he last saw or heard from his boy. He'd called countless times, gone by his apartment every day since, gone by Blaze to hassle Q for info, but he should've known that was a waste of time because Quincy's exact words were 'don't drag me into y'all's shit'.

See this shit was why he didn't do the whole feelings bullshit. He felt exposed and vulnerable, but most of all he felt frustrated and confused, because those three days he and Ric had spent together were hands down the most exciting experience he'd ever had, and he was under the impression that the feeling was mutual when Rico'd left. What changed?

He walked to where his phone laid upside down on the floor and picked it up. It was a shot in the dark but he had one last person to ask for help.

——

"You look miserable son. You're making shit harder on yourself for what?" Tyrone asked his brooding son who sat across the dining table from him, playing with his food. Rico had been hiding out here, and following him wherever he went for days, and Ty was starting to worry about him.

Rico looked up from his plate and shrugged without saying anything.

Tyrone shook his head and focused on the paper he was reading, at this point he was convinced his sons were hell bent on being miserable, they must love it or something.

Rico looked up distractedly for a second when his pop's phone buzzed, then he looked away, not really caring who the man was talking to.

"Yeah he's right here." Ty said into his phone, then hung up and took a sip of his coffee.

Rico's eyes popped out. "Who was that?" He asked.

"Oh just Ringo, he's outside." The man answered without looking up from his paper.

Rico barely had a chance to react when he heard a knock on the front door. He saw the housekeeper go to get the door, while he mentally prepared himself for the shitstorm that was about to befall him.

He turned and glared at pops, the man just shrugged and ignored him just like Rico had done to him earlier.

Ring walked in looking furious, in his usual lazy badboy demeanor. His signature scowl in place. Rico's breath seized for a second as he took in how sexy Ring looked. He couldn't see the male any other way now.
That made Rico mad because he had his whole life figured out, he was so sure he knew himself and him body, but Ring had to storm into his head and fuck it all up. Now he couldn't think of anything else.

Ring greeted his boss, and got a nod from the man in response. Then he turned to look at Rico who was looking into his plate as if the cure to corona was hiding in there.

"Why you playing with me? You're avoiding me for what? Matter of fact get your ass up let's go." Ring said.

Rico looked to pops for help. But the man just got on his feet, picked up his newspaper and cup of tea, then walked out the living room without a word.