Part Two: Confrontation

Quincy James

Nah, Quincy thought, the building's not high enough. If he jumped it wouldn't kill him, it'll just maim him and that wasn't an alternative.
Then he muttered several obscenities, he ought to be ashamed for thinking such morbid thoughts.

Granted, he was stressed and frustrated to a disturbing degree, but he was also happier and more content than he'd ever been in his life, thanks to Sebby. Who would ever have thought he'd adjust to domestic life when that had never been on his to-do list. Sebby and lil Q were his whole world, and even though he's been distant the past couple of days, he'd never do them like that.

He was standing on the roof of Blaze on one leg messing around, but also clearing his head. He'd also been sleeping here the past three days, running away from real life. The door to the roof area suddenly opened, and startled him, causing him to almost lose balance and topple over.

"Whoa whoa whoa! What the fuck man? What are you doing? GET DOWN!!" Rico yelled.

Quincy laughed, and jumped down. "Calm your ass down before you pop a blood vessel or sum." He offered calmly.

"You think this is funny nigga? You never been funny your whole life and you wanna start now?"

Quincy raised an eyebrow and studied his brother, he looked like a heart attack waiting to happen. "You need to calm down bro, relax. Want a smoke?"

"Come on man, talk to me. What's going on? You been hiding out here for days without so much as a text message to your man, you've been smoking fucking cigarettes, fucking up your lungs and shit. And don't think I ain't seen those bruises on your hand, you punching walls for no reason now? I'm worried about you mane."

Quincy's face hardened as he pulled off from where he was leaning by the fence smoking. "I'm fine, worry about your own shit. You ready or what?" He commented and walked out, with Rico reluctantly trailing behind him.

It was a Friday afternoon, and they had to get some supplies for the VIP section. As they walked past the bar area of the ground floor, Mason the bartender eyed Quincy weirdly. "Hey Q." The boy greeted with a smile on his face, he liked to flirt with Quincy but so did a lot of people so he paid it no mind. Quincy nodded and kept it moving.

Rico looked from his brother to Mason. "What's his problem?" He asked.

"Who, Mason? He's cool chill." Quincy replied and kept walking.

"That nígga been fawning over you shamelessly for a minute, you don't think that's messed up?"

"What you talking about?" Quincy chuckled, like he thought the very idea of it was hilarious. "That dude is harmless, relax. You're overthinking shit again."

"Whatever man, let's just go." Rico walked past him and got in the drivers seat.

"Be acting like somebody's daddy for no reason." Quincy mumbled to himself petulantly, then got in too.

——

The ride to the store was quiet, neither of them said anything, the only sound that could be heard was from the radio. Now as they rode back to the club Quincy decided to break the silence. He didn't like fighting with Rico, they almost never argued for real, only playfully, but right now he could see that his brother was upset with him, upset and worried, and that made him feel a type of way. "You going to Letoya's party?" He asked. Letoya was Ringo's girl, and the whole crew liked her.

"I don't know, maybe."

Quincy turned and gazed at Rico curiously, 'maybe' was the last thing he'd expected to get for an answer to that question. "Maybe huh?"