Chapter Fifteen

The last two weeks flew by fast, and slow as fuck at the same time. From getting out of the hospital, to Quincy moving into his own house, then making me move in with him, and then doctor Orlando putting me on bed rest, plus a lot of other shit in between, let's just say it dragged on and leave it at that.

Now Quincy is paranoid and stressing me the fuck out, he keeps acting like I'm going to disappear if he blinked too much.

Take right now for instance. I've been awake for at least five minutes but my eyes are still closed, and I can feel Quincy's gaze boring a hole in my head as he watched me sleep. He's done that every single day since I've been back, sometimes I find it endearing, and other times I just want to clobber him in the throat.

Like this man haven't let me out of his sight for one second since the hospital, I mean yes the doctor instructed me to rest for a few weeks but I think Q is doing the most with it.

"You're giving Joe Goldberg vibe you know?" I said without opening my eyes.

"Man shut up." He replied, laughing.

He pulled away from where he was leaning shirtless by the window and dropped down beside me on the bed, and kissed me. My eyes fly open with the quickness.

"Ew morning breath." I complained and tried to pull away but he didn't bulge, instead he deepened the kiss, making me lose all sense of reasoning and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

I moaned quietly and my legs wrapped around Quincy's waist on their own accord. I started to tug at his sweatpants, trying to get him to take it off. Then he broke the kiss and pulled away.

"Gotta go babe, pops and i got some shit to take care of."

"Nooooo don't go," I whined as he tried to get out of my grip. "Stop, What are you doing, don't go." My arms and my legs tightened even more as he kept trying to get off, holding him in.

It's not that I don't want him to go out because I'm clingy or anything like that. Okay maybe a little, but that's not the point.
It's really because I know exactly what he was going to do. Since that incident, Q has been obsessed with trying to figure out who was behind the attack. So far both him and Tyrone think the break in at their house, the kidnap, and the problematic club opening down the street from Blaze are connected to Tyrone's former associate that's been giving them a headache for a minute. But they don't have any proof yet and Tyrone refused to let Quincy act without solid proof. And that frustrated him to no end, he tries to hide it but i can see how angry he is.

I wish he'd just drop it and moved on.
The first few days after I got discharged Quincy would stand outside my parents house all night standing guard, till i finally couldn't take it anymore and agreed to move in.

"Babe come on, I'm not even gonna be gone long." He tried, but instead of letting go i buried my face in his neck and held on tighter.

"No."

"Babe."

"No!"

"Please."

"No"

"Imma be gone two hours top, promise." Quincy pleaded.

I guess two hours isn't that long. "Fine. Two hours."

"Thanks shawty." He leaned in and kissed me, and then moved down and started to place random kisses around my stomach, talking to our baby like he's done everyday for two weeks.