Part Nineteen: Party

Omniscient

Quincy woke up in an empty bed yet again, he sighed, and stared despairing at Sebby's unoccupied spot for ten minutes. Well, technically it wasn't Sebby's exact spot because it wasn't their bed, but still, he'd gotten so used to waking up next to shawty so he was still getting used to not being able to.

After he'd adequately bemoaned the loss of his partner, he staggered into the shower. He had a lot of things to fit into this one day, so the earlier he got his day started, the better.

In the shower he jerked off furiously real quick, and came with an unsatisfactory groan. Being a better man is not all it's cracked up to be. He thought, irritated.

He got dressed and headed out as soon as a certain information he'd been looking for  entered his phone.

——

Mason was just about to hop on his bike when he felt something hard piercing the side of his back. His heart started to beat in his chest as terror gripped him, somehow he already knew who it was behind him.

"Make any sudden move and you gone." Quincy said in a low gravelly voice.

Mason turned around slowly with his hands up, his eyes darting in different directions like he was considering making a run for it. "Listen, I been tryna do the whole new leaf bullshit, and that shit is harder than advertised. So don't make me backslide on your ass. Now sit the fuck down!"

Mason dropped down on the floor instantly, his entire body shook in fear, while sweat dropped down his face freely. "I- i..i don't know what you think I did, b-but i didn't do it. Please let me go." He stuttered.

Quincy scoffed dismissively. "You ain't worth a bullet outta my gun my nígga. You just a half-witted lil bitch boy with no original thought, who wanted to play in the adult table so bad... so I'mma spare you, but you got one chance to tell me where to find Brody or it's fuck new leaf, feel me?"

Mason nodded rapidly, then started to have a word vomit crisis...giving Quincy more information that he needed. He spilled so much shit that Q had to stop him before he could reveal where Brody's great-grand aunt's bone was drying up at.

For that, Quincy only had to pistol whip him a little bit before getting in his car.

He got a text and begrudgingly took his phone out.

From Marlo: hey sexy, looking forward to seeing you at the party tonight. I'll be the one with the big smile plastered on.

To Marlo: bet.

——

Niko got out of his car at 8:pm that evening, then walked around to open the door for Sebby. He hadn't seen his little brother in weeks, and he couldn't wait to introduce him to his baby.

Sebby smiled and clung to Niko's side as they walked into the party. He hadn't been to a party in a minute so he was ecstatic.
He looked around, taking in the scene as Niko took him to find his brother.
The studio apartment seemed nice enough, it screamed bachelor's pad down to the teeth. The guests seemed to be having fun too, drinking and smoking and playing different types of games. Couples kissing on each other, and one drunk person butchering a song in the karaoke stand. He wondered how folks were already so shitfaced this early in the evening.

"There he is." Niko exclaimed, dragging Sebby back to reality as he pulled him towards a guy around Sebby's age, who was grinning and walking towards them.

"Ayee old man! You made it. Without a wheelchair in sight too." Niko's brother teased, and Sebby giggled.

"Oh you got jokes huh? You got jokes...come here." Niko grabbed his brother and tucked his whole head under his armpit as they wrestled around for a minute.

Sebby just stood there and watched them with a huge smile on his face.

Niko let go of his brother after he tapped out, then moved and wrapped a hand around Sebby's waist. "This my baby, Sebby. Baby meet my knucklehead brother Nathan."

Sebby smiled and extended his hand to Nathan, in a polite handshake. "Pleased to meet you, and happy birthday."

Nathan kissed the back of Sebby's hand English gentlemen style. "You too, cutie. I seen why my bro been bent outta shape for a minute. You fine ash." Nathan commented.

Sebby smiled shyly and tipped an invisible hat.

"You really wanna cry like a little ass kid at your own party I see." Niko warned Nathan, chuckling and shaking his head in disbelief.

Just then, Nathan's roommate walked up from behind him. "Yo Nate, where's the key to the cooler out back?" The male asked, then looked over at Niko and Sebby. "Hey Niko."

Nathan gave his friend a side hug before introducing everyone. "That's Sebby, Niko's boy. This my boy... I mean, my roommate Marlo."

"Pleased to meet you Sebby." Marlo said.

"You too."

After that they just chilled and enjoyed the party. Niko found a nice spot facing the front door and sat down, with Sebby on his lap... his hand embraced Sebby's stomach affectionately.

——

As soon as Quincy packed his car and stepped out, Marlo rushed to him and kissed him on the cheek. "Glad you could make it."

Quincy offered him a warm smile, then looked down when Marlo laced their fingers together. He really wanted to be out hunting, but little dude had done him a solid with the vip room and he was a man of his word. "I'mma need you to find me a strong ass drink, and make it a triple, after the day I've had." Quincy said, matching Marlo's hurried steps with slow ones.

"Wanna talk about it? Your day I mean."

Quincy glanced at him, no one has asked him that for a minute. He missed that. "Nah I'm good, thanks though." He leaned down and kissed Marlo's cheek, just as they stepped into the party.

The moment he raised his head back up, he came face to face with Sebby.
What the fuck was he doing here?