Part Seven: Healing

Omniscient

"Go home and go to sleep please." Niko, Sebby's boss said for the third time that afternoon. Sebby was exhausted physically and emotionally but he would be damned if he folded, no way. So stubbornly he shook his head no and resumed working on a sketch that Niko needed. Niko stared at him in frustration and folded his arms across his broad chest.

In the two weeks since Quincy had disappeared to who knew where with his father, Niko and Sebby had grown into really good friends, which was very unexpected to both of them. The owner of the tattoo shop had walked in on Sebby one evening while he was sobbing, he'd sat with him quietly. He hadn't said or asked any questions, he'd just sat there and waited till Sebby was all cried out, then offered him a napkin and a hug which Sebby'd eagerly accepted. They started to talk more after that. Niko would pick him up and drop him back home sometimes, or buy him lunch randomly when he noticed Sebby was hungry but too lazy to get his own food. Niko also had a thing for making Sebby laugh, he wasn't even a funny person at all but he went out of his way to make him laugh and Sebby really liked that about him. But sometimes Sebby would avoid the man altogether because Niko had a weird similarity to Quincy, and that freaked him out a little.

"Sebby come on, your scrawny ass look like you're going to keel over any second and I can't focus. Let me take you home."

"I'm fine, stop worrying." Sebby lied. He knew he needed to get some rest, but staying in that house without Quincy hurt too much. His ex's shadow hovered around the entire place, tormenting him. And each time he thought about the male, that vomit inducing scene replayed in his mind over and over, making him sick.

Sebby's thought was cut off when Niko suddenly picked him up like a rag doll and headed for the car. He rolled his eyes. "Really?" He demanded.

"Yeah really, since you wanna act like my four year old daughter, you're going to get treated as such." Sebby wanted to argue but he couldn't find the energy.

Niko settled Sebby in the passenger seat of his car and went back into the shop to leave instructions with Rusty, before coming back out and driving off. "Do you want to stop by the daycare and pick up your kid?"

Sebby relaxed the seat and laid down before responding. "Nah his uncle picks him up."

Rico was another person Sebby was extremely grateful for. He picked and brought Qani home everyday, puts the baby on the phone with his dad when Sebby wouldn't pick up for him, and he did all the heavy lifting that Quincy would normally do. Sebby appreciated him for that, but he wished Rico would stop campaigning on his brother's behalf though, Sebby was done with all that mess.

Nik escorted Sebby to the front door. Rico opened up and stood there, glaring daggers at them. "Sup bruh." Nik raised his hand to dap him up, but Rico shoved both of his hands in his pocket, ignoring the man. Nik couldn't help but to chuckle, he was cool with the James clan, they had no beef. He handled their ink and everything, so seeing this nigga act brand new with him was funny as shit.

"I ain't your bro." Rico said with as much patience as he could muster, before turning to Sebby. "The fuck's this?"

Sebby looked between the two men for a second and shook his head. "I'm going in to lay down, but you two can stay here and measure your dicks all you want." He made his way inside. "Thanks for bringing me home Nik, see you tomorrow."

Nik was now left alone with Rico. "Relax tiger, I ain't tryna step on no toes. Just helping out a friend that's all, so you can chill out a little."

Niko's tone was condescending as hell. And even though that was how his personality was set up, Rico was tempted to rearrange his face a little. But he was man enough to admit that he wouldn't come out unscathed on this one. Everyone knew why Niko was in jail for two years, him turning a new leaf now and walking on the straight and narrow didn't change the fact that he was a ruthless motherfucker when he wanted to be. As pops would say, 'don't pick no fights you can't finish'.

Rico shut the door in the man's face instead and went inside where he found Sebby lying down on the couch. "Q ain't gon' like you hanging around that nígga." Rico said as he moved around picking up Riri's toys.

"No one cares what Quincy likes or doesn't like Ric, I certainly don't. But Nik and I are really just friends so you can relax."

"Y'all need to quit telling me to relax." Rico mumbled under his breath.

Sebby opened his eyes and looked at Rico. "Are you alright? You've been on edge lately, what's going on with you?"

"I'm good. Look, Q called a bunch of times again, and he left a message if you wanna listen. But you should know he's coming back tomorrow." Sebby rolled his eyes and laid back down.

Rico ran upstairs to checked on Riri, when he got back down he picked up his phone and wallet ready to go. "I left you a plate in the microwave of you want. I gotta g..."

Sebby's loud snore interrupted him. Rico picked him up and took him upstairs before locking the door and leaving.

______________________________

••Question••
Thoughts on Niko?

••Question••Thoughts on Niko?