Chapter Seven

Quincy felt like complete and utter shit.
The fact that he had anger issues wasn't news to him, or anyone else who knew him. He'd always known his inability to control himself when angry was going to bite him in the ass one day. Too bad this was that day.

He rested his gaze on Sebby, Who continued to lie unmoving on top of him. The sight of the boy lying there with a black eye forming, annoyed him.
He carefully laid Sebby back on the bed and got up, storming toward the bathroom, where he wet a cloth. Moments later he placed it on Sebby's neck. He moaned, and his eyelids fluttered, only to close back up. Quincy pulled a chair close to the bed and eased into it, all the while keeping his eyes on Sebby.

Sebby moaned again, and Quincy leaned closer to the bed. He considered rousing him fully, but thought better of it, figuring he'd come around on his own. Meanwhile he was left with thinking about the ramifications of the incident, and how the hell he'd handle them.

"Everything is good out front, boss man."
Startled, Quincy swung around.

Rico made a face. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"Yeah you did, or you would've knocked."

Rico grinned; then his face sobered. "The suit's out the club."

"Any trouble?"

"Nah, nothing we couldn't handle."

"Good."

Rico craned his neck around Quincy. "So, how is he?"

"Still out, but he moaned a couple of times, which is a good sign I guess."
Rico gave him a knowing look but said nothing for a change.

The door pushed open and his pops walked in, looking very pissed off.
Rico started to greet the man but got cut off, "I need a moment alone with your brother." When Rico nodded and left the room, his pops just stood there staring him down.
"Ringo called me. What the hell happened here?" He eventually asked.

Instead of responding Quincy looked down at his feet in shame, his father's past words rang in his head. —never lay your hands on anyone you're fucking, only cowards do that—.
He'd had more than his fair share of fights, but never had he thought that the day would come when he'd break that promise.

"Pick your head up boy! If you're man enough to beat on your partner, you sure as hell can answer a simple question. Don't shrink now!"
Quincy flinched at his father's harsh words, the man was the only soul on earth who could make him feel like a little ass baby.

"It ain't even like that pops, it was an accident." He proceeded to elucidate the entire incident to his father. When he was done the man said nothing for a while, he just stood there looking at his son.
After what felt like eternity he finally broke the silence.

"You really like this boy, don't you?"

"Nah, it just..."

"Nuh uh, cut it out. I want the truth."
At this point Tyrone's features had softened a little, which eased Quincy's restless spirit.
"Do you like this boy? Is he worth all the trouble?"

"I think so," he finally said. "He's smart, smarter than me that's for damn sure. He's funny, fearless, and gives his whole self. He makes it so easy to lo..., like him. So when I seen that nigga put his hands on him I lost it, I ain't mean to hurt him..."

Tyrone pulled him in for a hug. "I believe you."

Quincy suddenly pulled back with a start. "Sheriff Jackson is gon..." he started but Tyrone waved him off.

"I'll handle Spencer. You take care of your boy." Quincy nodded, then Tyrone walked out without saying another word.

___

Quincy was on edge thirty minutes later when Sebby still didn't wake up. The fact that he was horny as fuck didn't help his frustration either.
Feeling sweat pop out on his forehead, he got up and stalked to the window, where he took several deep breaths, struggling for control.

"Where am I?"
Quincy stiffened, then turned around and watched as Sebby struggled into a sitting position.

"Hey, take it easy." He cautioned, hurrying to Sebby's side.

He made to help him but Sebby cringed. "Stay the hell away from me!"

Quincy jammed his hands in the pockets of his jeans and shrugged. His heart broke on the inside at Sebby's words, yet he maintained a calm demeanor. He'd showed enough vulnerability for one day. 
"Whatever you say."

"So where am I?"

"At Blaze, you've been here a million times."
Sebby massaged his head and winced visibly, before looking around. "Do you remember what happened?" Quincy asked.

Sebby looked up. "Yes, you hit me."

Quincy winced internally. "Not on purpose. You stepped between me and that bum."
Sebby rolled his eyes, like Quincy was very much used to. It was crazy how such a simple act could send waves of excitement through his body.
Focus man. He scolded himself.

"While I'm certainly not excusing Brody, I'm not excusing you either. You should've been able to control the situation without using your fist Quincy. Everything don't need to be solved with your fist." Sebby huffed, then shook his head. "You're fucking unbelievable." He added, and Quincy narrowed his gaze at he boy.

"Man, what is you talking about now?"

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about! I'm talking about you and your alpha male bullshit. You don't wanna be with me, yet the first guy I go out with, you almost kill."

Quincy chuckled.

"I'm glad you think this is funny."

"You're so sexy when you're all fired up like that." Quincy said out of nowhere, licking his lips.

Sebby must've not seen that coming because his eyes widened. Then he blushed and looked away.
Silence fell between them for a minute, then realization hit. "Where's Brody anyway?"

"Fuck if I know, bleeding out in the street I hope."

"That's not funny Q."

Quincy shrugged. "Whatever man, that piss of shit put hands on you, tha fuck do I look like letting that disrespect slide?" He spat irritably.

"What do you care?"

"I don't." Quincy shot back, and Sebby rolled his eyes.

"Of course you don't."
Sebby started to stand up, then groaned and sat back down, grabbing his stomach.

Quincy rushed to his side. "You good? Do I gotta take you to the hospital?"

"NO!" Sebby panicked, getting a weird look from Quincy. "I mean, no that's not necessary, I'm fine. When Brody pulled me I must've sat down with too much force, it's no big deal."

"Okay, if you're sure." Quincy wondered what that was about, but decided not to push it.

"What time is it?" Sebby asked.

"A little past midnight."

Sebby nodded and stood up, with total ease this time. Quincy hadn't realized how close he was to the boy, until he turned around.
Their faces were barely an inch apart, their heartbeats thumped furiously, and loudly, in the otherwise quiet room.

"Um, maybe I should.., Erm, i should probably leav..." before Sebby could finish his sentence, Quincy closed the gap between them and claimed his mouth in an earth shattering kiss.