Chapter four

"Im not in the mood Yaya. I can't keep anything down, I'm fucking tired all the time, and my balls hurt. So the last thing I wanna do is go fucking clubbing!" Sebby snapped at his best friend, he seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

"Okay feisty! Bite my head off, why don't you? You might want to simmer down some, you don't want to add an aneurysm to your list of problems." Ayanna's obviously amused voice came booming through the phone, and Sebby would hang up if he had enough energy to reach for his phone, wherever the fuck it was.

"Look, all I'm saying is, you've been talking to him for close to a month now, and all he wants is to hang out and get some drinks...well, water for you, but that's beside the point. What's the big deal? Don't tell me you're still hung up on that bum, like move on already dude!"

Sebby swallowed hard as he tried to keep it together.

"Since when are you Brody's personal advocate? And watch it with the name calling."

"I'm not, if anything I'm yours. I just want what's best for you is all. You know what they say about getting over an ex by getting under someone else? Brody is a good guy Seb, just give him a chance."

"Fine! I'll call him. Gotta get ready for work though, call you later?" He had no intention of going anywhere though, he was just tired of that conversation. Ayanna never missed an opportunity to call Quincy out of his name.

"Yeah sure, love you."

"You too."

Sebby waited for the call to end, then he groaned facedown into his pillow, louder than he'd intended. The last couple of weeks or so had been the worst he'd ever had.
Beside his constant state of anxiety, he couldn't sleep through the night without Quincy's old dusty ass sweater, because it smelled like him. But now that it no longer did, all Sebby wanted to do was cry.
The only silver lining was that him and his dad were finally in a good place since he started seeing Brody.

Brody was a good guy if he was being honest, he opened doors for him, pulled out his chair, and sent him chocolates at work. He was basically everything Quincy wasn't, but somehow that didn't do jackshit in helping him get over the boy.

A soft knock got his attention, and before he turned to look at his open door he already knew it was Sabrina. He could always sense her presence without trying.

"Hey, You okay? You've been in here all day."
She asked as she kicked off her slippers and climbed into her brother's bed, cuddling into him. Sabrina rarely showed emotions, but somehow she always knew when her over sensitive twin brother needed it.

"Wanna talk about it? Whatever it is that has you throwing more tantrums that usual."

"No."

"I heard you and dad arguing the other day, I'm not stupid you know. I've known about you and Quincy for a while now, but I was kinda hoping you'd tell me. Frankly I'm a little offended that you didn't."

Instead of responding Sebby adjusted so he was more comfortable as the little spoon in this cuddle fest that was happening, Sabby being here made him feel a lot better. He was even starting to fall asleep for the first time in two days.

"If I promise to tell you everything, will you stay here till I wake up?" Sebby asked groggily.

"Fine, just this once, and only because I'm sleepy too. You better not get used to it"

"Uh huh."

Sabrina smiled. "If it makes you feel any better, I like Quincy. He's cool to me." She said and laughed when her brother's response was a loud snore.
A couple of minutes later they were both fast asleep.

___

"Wait, why are we here?"
A panicked Sebby asked Brody as he pulled into Blaze parking lot the next day. His attention had been on his phone the entire ride over, so he hadn't realized the boy was bringing him here of all places.

"What do you mean?" Brody chuckled.

"I didn't think you meant Blaze when you...I mean, can we go somewhere else?"

"Babe, this is the best club in Lakewood, I didn't think I had to. Come on, just one drink and we're out."

Sebby cringed at 'babe', the only person he wanted to call him that was Quincy.
Quincy had called him that once, but he was balls deep in Sebby when he did so that didn't count.

"Are you coming?" Brody who was now holding his door open asked, with a smile on his face, and Sebby wondered if his jaw ever hurt from all that smiling he seemed to always do. Nobody is that happy.

"Sure."

As they walked into the club, Sebby wondered why the universe was so hellbent on screwing him seven ways to Sunday.