Chapter Twenty-Four

3 Months Later...

We've been on the road for over three hours now. Pops needed to share something personal with me so we went on a road trip...no security, just us. I had a lot of ideas going in of what we were going to discuss but whatever the hell i thought I knew beforehand couldn't have been more far off. I've always loved and respected my dad, but anything I felt before quadrupled today. This nígga is strong strong. I thought glancing over at him as he drove.

It's sad how I've gone my whole life thinking he was asexual or aromantic or some shit like that because i never saw him with anyone. I don't even know my own father.
plus I feel a little stupid holding my trifling ass gramps in such a high esteem all these years, completely oblivious of the level of horror he put my dad through. That nígga is dead to me now, and if he ever steps foot in Lakewood ever again he's gon be dead dead, and that's on my hoe ass mama.

All things considered this was a good trip, one I ain't know I needed till it happened. The trip down had had a lot of talking involved, but as we ride back all that can be heard is Pac blasting through the speakers and a whole lotta comfortable silence.

This is also the first time in three months that I've been away from my baby, and I'm already getting major separation anxiety. The only reason i even agreed to this trip in the first place is because he's not due for another two weeks, and i left him in the care of the only other person i trust the most in the world, my brother. He wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet through a motherfucker's skull who comes close to Sebby. So the only danger he finna be in is the danger of childish disagreement, those two don't stop.

I smile to myself thinking how funny it is how fast Rico went from dissing Sebby to becoming extremely protective of him. So much so that Sebby chose him to be our baby's Godfather, surprising the shit outta me.

Pops gives me a weird look. "The fuck You grinning about?" He asked.

I was about to tell him to mind his own business when my phone buzzed. I check and it's Rico. "Yo, we're like three hours out, what's up?" I say immediately i pick up the phone.

"You need to get to the hospital bro, the baby is coming." What the fuck?

I've never been more grateful that my dad drives like a maniac, because what was supposed to a three hour trip got cut down to half. As i frantically ran into the hospital, a ripple of Déjàvu smacked me... this the second time in a handful of months I'm rushing in here for my baby, the only difference is this time is for a blessing.

I get to the waiting room area and everyone was there. The sheriff, Ayanna, Sabrina, Rico, and even Ringo. Sabby and Ric stood up immediately they saw me. "He's fine, they both are." Sabrina said smiling.

My knees go weak and i almost lose my balance but pops hand held on firmly behind me. my baby is here? I have mixed feelings about this, I'm sad that I wasn't here to witness the birth of my child, but I'm also happy as shit that my child is here. I'm a pop y'all!

"The baby is here?" I stuttered in disbelief, needing to hear it plainly.

"Yes bro, they making us wait out here for now, but Seb been asking for you." I nodded and took off. When I got to the door i paused and tried to get myself together before pushing the door open. Sebby looks up at me and smiled boldly... he's holding our baby while in a somewhat sitting position, he looks like he's in a bit of pain but happy at the same time.
The nurse put me in a gown and gloves before stepping aside, allowing me access to my family.

"Hey." Sebby greeted quietly when I got to them. At this point I'm a bit teary eyed, this picture before me will live with me forever.
"Meet our son."