Part TwentyOne: Movie Day

Rico King

That day from two weeks ago had set the precedent for the following weeks, Rico and Ring simply couldn't get enough of each other.

Rico was happier than he'd ever been in life, even when he was pelted with unexpected trouble... because now he had Ring for strength and support.

Ring was there when Rico had finally accepted that collect call and had been informed that his useless sperm donor was up for parole soon.

He was also there when Rico had come home to find all his clothes burned to a crisp, courtesy of Savannah.

He'd basically not left Rico's side the past two weeks, which he was very grateful for.

Rico smiled as he read the note Ring had left for him before leaving this morning. Before now, if anyone had told him that Ring was any sort of romantic, he would've laughed in their face, but Ring kept blowing his mind every day.

Of course he was still scared of all the new feelings he was experiencing, terrified even...but he'd also never felt safer.
Ring made him feel like he hung the moon.

Rico shook out of his euphoria and started to get dressed. It was pop's birthday so Ring and Q were coming to pick him up so they could go shop for presents. They had a whole thing planned for pops that he was going to love.

His phone buzzed beside the bed, thinking it was probably Ring, he picked it up on the second Ring without checking. "Yo."

"Ricardo." Pop's voice called from the other end of the line.

"Hey dad." Rico said, scratching the back of his head, he had some idea where this conversation was about to go.

"Ha, there, 'dad" Ty said, accusingly. "That's how I know you're hiding something, y'all only call me that when y'all are up to some shit. Whatever y'all are planning, stop it. I don't want nothing y'all can offer me."

"I could pretend I know what you're talking about, but I don't. I swear we ain't planning nothing." Rico lied through his teeth, his fingers were crossed so it didn't matter.

Pops let out a sigh of relief, before saying, "Good."

Rico smiled and picked up his wallet and keys, as he headed out front to wait for his ride. "Happy birthday Dad, you're getting old as shit." Rico teased, because he couldn't pass up such a golden opportunity.

Pops laughed heartily into his ears. "Thanks son, see y'all later." The man said and hung up.

Pops was under the impression that his sons were just coming over for a quiet dinner, but in reality they'd rented out an entire cinema to do a movie night, with all their loved ones present.

Ring pulled up a moment later with Q half asleep, and clearly hung over in the backseat. "Sup with him?" Rico asked Ring, getting in the passenger seat.

Ring shrugged nonchalantly. "Dragged him out of bed, 'cos he wanted to act like the world owes him something." He commented.

"Count yourself lucky that you ain't die in the process too." Quincy chimed in, with his eyes closed.

Rico rolled his eyes, but Ring ignored Q completely, then pulled Rico in for a kiss instead. He plunged his tongue into Rico's mouth, humming in satisfaction.

Rico smiled through the entire kiss. Ring had a thing for PDA, he just didn't give a fuck, and that was a huge turn on for Rico.

"Can y'all cut it the fuck out? I'm trying not to vomit here." Quincy complained.