Part Fourteen: Te quiero

Ring swallowed tightly as he and Rico got in his car. It was a warm evening and they were headed to Ring's parents house for a cartel meeting.

Every once in a month, cartel heads, kingpins, gang leaders... basically heads of the crime world in Lakewood would meet at the Martinez backyard to have a meeting about territory and whatnot. No deaths or fights where allowed in that space, only peace talks and beef settlements. This time pops couldn't make it and sent Ringo in his place, but because he wasn't ready to let Rico out of his sight yet he's dragging him along. Ring's parents adored Rico, and his 12 year old little sister Maria has a little crush on him, so he should be fine while Ring handled business.

The only problem was Dre. Andre Hernandez was Ringo's uncle who is high up in the cartel. There's a 20 year age gap between his uncle and his mom, which put Dre at 27, just 5 years older than them. Ring used to roll with Dre and his crew when he was younger, until his uncle set him up for something he hadn't done. But because he wasn't a snitch he hadn't said a word to the police, as a matter of fact Ring would've done 20 if pops hadn't intervened. So the thought of being in the same space with that asshole pissed him off.

He felt Rico's hand take his and smiled as he turned to look at his best friend. After they left the club two nights ago and went back to Rings house, unlike what they'd planned nothing sexual happened, they'd just cuddled and slept. Since then they've had their phones turned off and just enjoyed each other's company. Ring was secure in himself but he knew Rico wasn't, and he had a very good idea where that insecurity stemmed from so he didn't wanna push or rush Rico.

"Relax, we getting in and out in under two hours, you don't gotta talk to that nígga." Rico said.

"I like you in my clothes, they look better on you." Ring said, ignoring what Rico was talking about. "Your ass look better in them too."

Rico glared at Ring, and noticed the male was trying not to laugh, he enjoyed throwing Rico off his game way too much. "Man shut up and drive." Rico retorted, making Ring laugh.
At least he wasn't as pissed as he was earlier.

They pulled up in the driveway of the Martinez residence and got out the car. When they got to the front door Ring turned to Rico and asked, "You ready?"

Rico chucked. "What are you talking about? I've known your parents since I was two."

Instead of responding Ring held out his hand, silently asking for Rico to talk it.
Rico looked at it, then at Ring confused for a second. When he realized what Ring was asking he sighed and took his hand, lacing their fingers together. Ring smiled and led the way as they stepped inside.

"Ma?"

"We're in here baby!" Ring's mom called from the kitchen. She was a 5'ft4 ball of energy with the kindest smile, and Rico always liked her.

They walked in and Ring's parents paused for a second and looked at their attached hands, Rico braced himself for what was coming next, but instead a huge grin spread across his mother's lips as she pulled them both into a hug. "Hi ma, sup pops." Ring greeted his parents and kissed his mom on the cheek.

"Hi honey, go on out back everyone is already here." She told Ring, then turned to Rico. "Come here baby, come help me with this."

Ring nodded, then pulled Rico close by his shirt. "Gimme a kiss."

Rico panicked and raised an eyebrow, he wouldn't consider himself a shy person, but Ring just knew how to bring the little amount of shyness he had out in full doses. "Nah, what..."

"Shhh, shut up and kiss me stubborn ass, what did I say about arguing with me?"

Ring's dad walked past them then to go out back, but not before smacking Ring upside the head. "Don't curse in my house boy." The man said and kept walking.

Ring massaged the back of his head where he was smacked, then got his kiss and followed his dad out.

——

A little over two hours later, the meeting was over and everyone who hadn't already left just sat out back and conversed, Ring was inside with his parents while Rico stood next to Maria and some folks he'd just met.

Or at least he was, before Dre walked up to him and introduced himself. "I'm Dre, who is you?" Ring's uncle asked, licking his lips in a disgusting manner that made Rico want to laugh and vomit at the same time.

He looked at Rico with lust filled eyes as he circled him like a predator checking out his prey. Rico had no idea what the man's problem was or what he wanted, but the whole scene was just funny to him.

Apparently he was the only one who found it funny, because he noticed Ring come out of the house and he did not look even a little bit amused.

"Come on na, I'm tryna get yo number but you're playing." Dre leered, as he moved around and stared at Rico's ass. "Damn boy, what you doing with all that ass?"

Now Rico was pissed off, he turned around ready to tell the man to fuck off. But before he could open his mouth Dre was flying into a pile of grass where Ringo tossed him into.

Dre rushed back on his feet immediately, pulling his gun out as he did so, his boys abandoned their food and rushed over and stood behind him. Ring however, didn't even flinch or bat an eye, instead he looked like he was about to tear his uncle to shreds. "Back off Dre, I ain't telling you again."

Rico wanted to roll his eyes and tell Ring he could handle himself, but he just knew that wasn't the time, plus the whole scene turned him on a little. Not that he'd ever admit that to anyone.

Dre laughed mockingly. "So you get some ass and now you think you're big shit huh, how bout I whoop your ass and take your nígga huh? how bout that?"

Ringo smirked for a second, then his expression hardened again. "Go near him again and it'll be the last thing you ever do." Ring warned as he moved Rico away.

Ring pulled Rico over to a recliner and sat down. He pulled him down so that Rico was sitting on his lap. His muscular arms circled Rico's waist protectively. He was claiming him in front of his cousin as well as his family, and the rest of the retards that stood behind Dre. Rico relaxed back into him and let Ring hold him.

"It's all good, papo," Ringo whispered. "He ain't coming near you ever again. I'll make sure of that."

"You know I can handle myself right?"

"Yeah I know that tough guy, but you don't have to. That's all me now boy." Ring bent down and kissed him. It was gentle, but loving and sensual.

"Eww," Maria, Ringo's little sister groaned. "There are other people in the room."

Ring ignored her as his eyes darkened. He stood up, pulled Rico along, as he lead him upstairs to his childhood bedroom.