Part Twelve: Closure

Omniscient

Sebby stared up at the ceiling, feeling lost and uncertain...he'd been staring at it for hours, approximately the same amount of time since Quincy left with Qani. Sebby had stood by the window with a throbbing heart and watched them go, he'd wanted so much to be next to them as a family, spending the day together. But he just couldn't get over Quincy's betrayal, or how heartbroken by it he was.

He was supposed to spend the day with Niko and his daughter, Nyla. But instead he'd lied just to stay in here and lick his wound. "I'm so pathetic." He mumbled under his breath.

His equally pregnant best-friend who was pacing in the living room stopped and looked at him. "What?" She asked.

"Nothing. Please sit down, all that pacing isn't helping me feel any better. And I really don't know what you're panicking about, your partner loves and supports your every decision, she always has. So why you think news of an amazing job offer is going to send her flying out the window is beyond me."

"It's in New York!!!"

Sebby hissed. "Then don't take the job."

"It's a once in a lifetime opportunity Sebby."

"Okay, then take the job."

"Wow! Thank you, that's very helpful." She spat, then stormed out of the living room.

"YOU'RE WELCOME!" Sebby called after her.

When his phone buzzed a moment later, his heart raced. Thinking it was Quincy he grabbed it, which was crazy because why would he be excited to pick his call? But it was Niko FaceTiming him so he picked up, and Niko's face filled the screen. "Hello."

"Hey there lil baby." Sebby blushed and smiled. "How's your stomach?" Niko asked.

"huh?"

"You know, your stomach upset...why you couldn't come out with us."

"Oh right it's a little better, I'll be fine by tomorrow most likely."

"That's good. Do you need anything? Should I bring you some soup or something?"

"Thanks handsome, but no that don't be necessary. I just need a good full day of sleep, which I'm about to get right into."

Niko smiled, Sebby's confidence had grown some and that made him proud and happy. "That's coo, let me know if you need anything though, I'm taking Nyla back to her mom's then imma be at the shop the rest of the day."

——

Quincy closed his eyes and took a calming breath. Or he tried to, because when he opened his eyes he was still fuming. He was lying down on the couch with Qani asleep on his chest, the little boy would cry whenever he tried to lay him down. But that wasn't why he was enraged at all, he was upset that he couldn't go out and handle business with Qani in his care. Those hoes had him all the way fucked up if they thought they was gon play him like that and get away with it.

Pops was AWOL, Rico and Ring were nowhere to be found, and Sebby was probably out with that nígga Niko...the thought of that alone further enraged him. He sort of felt like a shell of his former self, the old him would've been somewhere by now fucking some chick or dude senseless, with everyone who crossed his part dead in the ground, but here he was horny and frustrated, and pining over a nígga who didn't want shit to do with him anymore.