I Need You

A/N: If things at the prison would not have fallen apart - The stability would have allowed Rick/Michonne's relationship to possibly develop...

Song:  Safe From Harm By Massive Attack 

You can free the world, you can free my mind...

Just as long as my baby's safe from harm tonight...

Rate X

❤❤❤

Michonne knew from the heat moving up over the back of her neck that he had returned to the room, she knew without looking that he would be staring at her.

She had felt him watching her more than a few times, but this time, everything felt different. This would be her first time away from him since they'd become a couple. Even though she had not left yet, she already missed him. Rick did not want to send Michonne on this supply run with Glen, Maggie, and Daryl, they were a couple and things were different.

But he had no choice, the group had voted. Neither was sure of who knew about them nor did they care. He wanted her to stay with him; she was the only one who kept him together. To him, the world was somehow better now that she was with him. Rick turned and thanked the wall silently for its support as his back pressed against it. The sigh slid out of his mouth thoughtlessly and for a moment, he closed his eyes.

He could almost pretend that she was still with him. Her scent, strong yet feminine, nothing obvious or common, lingered in the air.

He could still see the way she had looked at himself as he had attempted to explain, attempted to make her understand the jumble of thoughts, desires, wants, and needs swirling inside of his mind.

How could she comprehend what he was going through when he himself wasn't sure of what it was? He had not slept for days, he couldn't sleep, and all he did was worry about Michonne and hope she would return to him.

Eventually, Rick passed out from pure exhaustion.

Several days later...

She cocked her head to the side, her eyes flickering slightly as she admired him. Rick opened his eyes – he thought he was dreaming of her again. She was sprawled on top of him – every inch of her pressed to him earnestly. Her arms and thighs clutched at him. Her face was buried into his bare chest and he could feel her warm breath upon his cool skin. He inhaled and he could tell she had been out in the sun today. He could smell wildflowers, soap, and grass.

As he looked down, still lying motionless he could see her dark locks fanning across her shoulders and back. He trailed his fingers down her back, skimming the patch of skin between the bottom of her shirt and the waistband of her khakis. She shivered in response and moved a bit more deliberately, rolling her shoulders back and exhaling soundly. She pressed her cheek to his chest, her hair sliding off the expanse of her back and draping over his arm, soft like a caress.

Rick suppressed a groan. It was ridiculous what she did to him. His fingers pressed deeper into her flesh as he snaked his hands beneath her shirt. Another deep sigh and another deliberate movement, this time, the roll of her hips, which dragged a purr from the handsome man – his hands fisting into claws around her curvaceous, yet small frame.

Michonne lifted her face to look up at him, sleep mixed with desire as she smiled at him, those lovely full lips of hers looked soft and inviting.

Rick dragged her body upwards until her lips were level with his and he crushed her mouth to his, immediately swiping his tongue inside when she gasped at the suddenness of his movement. It took her but a moment to catch up, her lips and tongue moved against his just as eagerly, one hand sliding up to caress the side of his face.