Chapter 30

Shownu POV —

I left kihyun alone to pay his respects, and wandered down the path looking at some of the flowers. Bright blue, red, yellow and orange illuminated the neighbouring path as I walked through the field.

I stopped walking near a small bench situated near the entrance, taking a seat I could spot kihyun's smaller figure from a distance. He was bent over and looked like he was talking.

I looked away from him noticing a person I didn't recognise when we arrived, I could have sworn we were the only two here when we entered.

They were dressed like a gardener, and were now walking closer and closer to me.  As the person came forward I noticed the face, I couldn't click where they were from but was really familiar. Her blue eyes just seemed recognisable.

I didn't realise I was staring at her until she coughed cutting me of from my thoughts.

"You look lonely, can I help you with anything" She sat beside me on the bench her eyes never leaving my face.

"I..No i'm actually here for my partner" I pointed over to where kihyun was still standing.

"Ah I see, is he for the new ones?" How could someone refer to people who had passed as the new ones i thought. I didn't want to start an argument so I carried on pretending I wasn't offended.

"Mm they were his family and friends"

"Unlucky for him, just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time" She coldly responded.

"I don't think it was random-"

"Oh it was, that's what the police say. The news say. The people say. Don't you believe them?" She asked me.

I didn't understand what this nosey gardener was trying to get out of me but It wasn't worth it.

"Look what's it to you ?" I don't know what your trying to say but just keep it to yourself"

She didn't reply just laughed. Her hand reaching towards me, gripping a lose lock from my hair.

Who is she.

"Your so easy going hyunwoo-

I gripped her arm pulling it away from me "Take your hand of me. who are you ? and how do you know me name?" She pulled her arm out of my grip.

She nodded to kihyun who was now walking over to us.

"Keep him safe, if you don't want to be we're he is" She said through gritted teeth before getting up from the bench running off.

Hundred thoughts were running through my head, who, what and how did she know everything.

Why was she cold too. and why did I recognise her.

I couldn't move I just felt completely scared and nervous.

"Shownu?" Kihyun whimpered out.

As soon as I saw his hunched, sniffly figure all those thoughts rushed out just for a minute.

"Hey, come here" I got up from my seat and pulled him into my chest. My hand coming to his head while my other arm rested on his waist.

"Did you say goodbye" I asked. I felt him nod as he let a few tears fall onto my shirt.

We stayed like these for a few more minutes before he began to push away.

"Who was that lady?" He asked brushing the tears of his cheek.

"She.. well.. just a gardener" I lied.

"Oh okay, can we head back now. I think i've had enough for today"

He looked up to me his eyes still glossy and his cheeks puffy.

"Of course kyun, I'll text the boys to order some food for when we're back"

He smiled and intertwined our hands.

I couldn't get what she said out of my head, i'll always protect kihyun but she made it seem like there was more to just protecting him in a romantic way.

—————————

As we were all sat by the table I couldn't get the women out of my head. Perhaps it would be better to talk to hoseok, he advertised me last time and some what comforted me.

I waited until he was finished talking with jooheon before asking him. We were already finished with eating now we were all conversing.

"wonho can we have a word in the kitchen?"

He nodded getting up from the table taking some of plates. I lifted my own plate following him into the other room.

"You okay hyung?"

"I just wanted to talk to you about something"