Chapter 1

Waking up early is never the best part of my day. Yesterday was done; we'd finished our promotions for Pirate King. The fansign was over, and now I could see where things would go from here. Reaching over to pet Lily so she knows I am awake, I stretch and groan.

"You haven't been having as many nightmares recently," Yunho says from his bed across the room from me, giving a small smile as I sit up on my bed. I wave at him as he leaves to go get a shower. Getting out of my warm bed, I go to the living room to see who all is up.

"Morning San," I hear SeongHwa say from the kitchen. He's cooking with Jungho. He may not eat much, but he loves to cook. Jungho just grunts at me and waves while stirring something in the pan.

"Morning hyung." I say, heading to sit down next to Yeosang and Wooyoung on the couch. They're watching Weekly Idol and laughing at Mark hyung falling while blindfolded. I had almost sat down when HongJoong spoke up.

"So, since we have some time off before we start on our next songs, why don't we talk about who we are. I mean everyone knows myself, Yunho and Jungho are wolves, but I don't think anyone else has really said." HongJoong is looking to the rest of us. Mingi just looks at him and shrugs, and I'm getting a bit nervous around the topic. I have never really been quiet about my witch heritage, but I still don't know how to feel about telling them the whole truth.

"Well, I am a witch, just like my whole fam." Wooyoung says and looks back to the TV, choosing to ignore the scared boy next to him. Yeosang looks around nervously, then sighs heavily.

"I am Fae, but I don't show much. I mean I love plants, and animals, but not as much as my family." Sure, he likes to have fun with animals, and help plants, but he never goes out of his way or anything like that.

HongJoong smiles, happy that we were opening up to everyone. I'm sure he can't help but notice that I'm sweating as he sits there and stares at me, expecting me to answer. I am nervously wiping my hands on my pants when I hear Mingi.

"Well, I am a telepath, and the fact that San has never once allowed me to see a glimpse of anything in his head... I would only guess that he is also a witch," he says as he looks over at me. I give him a relieved look and nod to the group.

"Yeah, I'm half witch. I tend to have my walls up more than not. I'm honestly kinda glad that you've never been in my head." I say while looking down at my hands. I am SO thankful that I didn't have to really try to hide my thoughts from him.

"Wow, really? What am I thinking?" Wooyoung asks him and that's when Yunho gets out of the bathroom and yells that I am next for a shower, saving me from Wooyoung and Mingi trying to one up the other. I get up and go to grab my clothes, happy to get a shower. Rose (one of my other familiars) is sitting outside to watch for me to see if anything interesting happened.

My trio of familiars -Lily, Rose and Salem- tend to take shifts to help me. It is one of many things I am grateful for in my strange little life.

:@:

Watching and listening through Rose, I take my shower in peace while listening in.

"Well, I'm pretty sure the wolves sniffed me out a while ago, but I am a vampire." SeongHwa says as he finishes in the kitchen. Everyone kinda just looks at him in shock. Apparently nobody expected him to say anything, let alone that he is a vampire.

"Wait, so what you were saying is that we were right, and that you just didn't confirm or deny it when I asked you?" HongJoong asks, sounding slightly hurt.