Chapter 53

San

         We get a couple days off, and that means we can go to my cousin's birthday party without fear of missing out on anything. I call my sister and she is excited to hear from me.

         "So are you coming?" she asks and I laugh.

         "Yeah, but I will need to come to the house first, so if you can drive that would be nice," I say and I can hear the smile in her voice.

         "Alright, I think I can do that," she says, and I can see Woo waving.

         "Ask about presents," he says, and I nod.

         "So what can we do for presents?"

         "Well, I'm pretty sure she has no Ateez merch and she would love that, but if you can't I understand," I hear her say in a fake happy voice.

         "Ah, I think we can do something about that," I say, and I laugh as she says she will hang up. We say goodbyes and I head to our merch room. I raid it, choosing a bit over sized so she can have fun with the shirt and grab one of everything.

         "Are you sure we can carry all of this?" Woo asks and I smile, grabbing a bag HongJoong had said I could do anything with.

         "HongJoong hyung?!" I call and he responds in confusion.

         "Yeah?"

         "Can I give this bag to my cousin as a present from you?" I ask and he nods.

         "I can make more later, and if that's from me I can sign it, get everyone to sign something of their choice," he says and I nod, handing him the bag. I also have him sign the shirt.

         I go around, having everyone sign something, and the shirt, I sign the hat and smile as Woo comes back with another tank top so she has one to wear and one with the signatures. I smile and we get everything placed safely in the bag then teleport home so we can get dressed for a small party.

:@:

         "So where is the party? Do we need to be formal?" Woo asks as he looks through our closet. I thought about it for a minute. How do you dress for a party that will be held in a witches temple?

         "Let's try these outfits?" I say, pulling out a couple looks. I smile as he gets dressed, and I change into my own look. When I turn around I am greeted by a very sweet looking Woo, and he is staring at me in shock.

 When I turn around I am greeted by a very sweet looking Woo, and he is staring at me in shock

Without the eye patch of course

          "Okay, you need to wear more outfits like that," he says checking me out. I laugh and grab the bag of goodies so we can head to my noona's place.

         I grab Woo by the waist and kiss him playfully, I grab jackets for us, our hats and masks so we can get to the party quietly.

:@:

         "Hey noona," I say as she opens the door for us. She smiles and I see her in a pretty black blouse and skirt. Markus comes to the door, holding their present for our cousin and smiles. He is in a nice looking black shirt with dark wash jeans.

         "You two look great, and what did you get her?" she asks as we head to their car.

         "Everything," Woo laughs, he used a comprehend language spell so he can speak english for today. I laugh and nod, pointing to the bag we brought.

         "Looks like a lot," Markus says and I laugh.

         "Yeah, Woo wasn't kidding when he said everything," I say as I get in the back behind my noona.

         On the ride there we all play catch up and talk about what has been happening. Woo and I keep quiet about what we were up to, but Markus laughs and doesn't mind.

         "So, you never talked to the group chat after we freaked out... When did you go full thot on stage?" noona asks, making Woo and I laugh and Markus looks shocked as he drives.

         "I mean, I'm pretty sure that started around Hala Hala." Woo says, still laughing.

         "Oh, are they doing a service or are we just doing her birthday?" I ask and noona smiles.

         "She requested a service and we are celebrating after." she tells us. I nod and look out the window at the familiar surroundings.

         I was born in Korea, but we had moved here for a while as a kid. When I was taken by my uncle I came back different, which made us all move back to Korea. My mom and sister decided to move back to the States when they realized they could do fashion and makeup as a single company for stars.

         "I missed the views," I say, musing and my sister laughs. I shrug and think about something.

         "What's up Sannie?" Woo asks and I look over at him.

         "We should be quiet until after the service and she opens presents. Noona, can you make sure she opens them before we have the sit down dinner? And make sure she opens our gift last?" I ask and she shrugs.

         "I can talk to her parents about it." she says, and I smile, and we listen to music the rest of the trip.

:@:

         When we get to the temple I am in awe of how it has changed for the better. We put our masks on and go in, being quiet as we do, and keeping to the back, out of sight.

         We listen to the service that seems to be about learning to coexist with every being, witch, human, or anything between. I smile and see noona pointing to the cousin and talking quietly to, who I assume is, her mother. She seems to give me a thumbs up and I go back to watching the priestess talking.