Chapter 30

AN/ Continuation for cheek appreciation... XD

Iseul

         I heard a loud scary noise and when I turned I saw a car coming towards my parents and me. I pulled on my mom's sleeve, which got her and dad to cover me. Before they could cover me I saw my brother's friend leap towards us.

         He had big wings that wrapped around me and my family, but I heard a loud sound as the car stopped. He seemed to groan as he pulled his wings back to himself, my parents had their eyes closed. I tugged on my dad's sleeve and he opened his eyes to see that the car had stopped behind San.

         "Oh god, Iseul are you okay?" he asks, checking me for cuts and bruises. While he checks me I only stare at my brother's friend San. My parents hug me and I don't really care as I watch my brother help San off to the side.

         "He really is an angel, mommy," I say as I stare at him.

         "No honey, he just helped us. Though we are very lucky that the car didn't kill us." she mutters.

         "But aren't neph... nephilim? Aren't nephilim part angels?" I ask, trying to say the name that San had mentioned earlier.

         "They are, but he is probably just pulling your leg, he just met us and probably wants to make a good first impression." my dad says, then goes to check on the driver.

:@:

San

         After his parents leave I center myself, feeling a few broken ribs still repairing. I hate that I can still get hurt so easily, but I haven't really gone through all the tests to get my full physical angel, or demon powers yet. I work on mending myself, trying not to scare Iseul who is sitting next to me, on Woo's lap. He has been staring at me since the accident.

         "Are you really nephilim?" he asks, sounding out the word slowly so as to not mess it up.

         "Yes, I am nephilim, you saw them didn't you?" I ask, and he nods with a big smile. Woo looks shocked and I put my head back on the wall.

         "Your wings are very pretty!" he chimes, making me smile.

         "Thanks lil man," I tell him, reaching a hand up to ruffle his hair. We sit there for what feels like an hour and I feel the last of my injuries heal. When I am ready I stand up and do a few stretches, making sure everything is fine.

         "Ah, seems you are doing better," I hear Mama Jung say from behind me. I turn and see her and Woo's dad coming over with 3 bags of food, I smile and Woo comes to stand next to me with Iseul.

         "Alrighty I need everyone to be touching," I say letting them all get close to each other, Woo's parents seem to be reluctant and skeptical as they do. "On the count of three, hold your breath, okay Iseul?" I say, looking to everyone, but mostly Iseul. Hellfire burns are no fun if you breathe in when you teleport.

         After counting I hear everyone take a deep breath, so I teleport us to their living room. I catch his mom who almost falls over at the sudden change in terrain. Her and Woo's dad both look amazed as I smile at Iseul, and I take the bags from her so I can put them on the table for her. But I see a weird look on Woo's face.

         "There was a hint of sulfur in that. Did you mean to do that?" he asks through our bond. My eyes widen a little and I shake my head. I head to Woo's room quickly and he follows, which earns a weird look from his dad, his mom just looks confused.

         I open my wings when he closes the door. When I do I see that the tip of my left wing is torn up. I sit on his floor and he sits in front of me, I lay my wings across the floor and we use our combined magic to heal my wing. I'm not sure how long we sat there, but when we stand up I can hear a gasp from his door.

:@:

Wooyoung

         We sat down and meditated, linking our magic together, trying to heal his wing. It takes a lot longer than we expected, and as we go to stand up I hear a gasp at my door. Looking over I see my mom, and she sees San's wings. They have changed a bit since he first got them.

         They are now a pale white that fades to purple then to a deep raven black. His wings now represent all three sides of him, the demon, angel, and witch sides. I lightly touch the part of his wing that was damaged, and I feel it shiver at my touch.

         "Does it feel better?" I ask, and he sighs in relief.

         "Much, thanks for helping Woo." he says, I let go of his wing and he pulls them back in. Looking at my mom I see her face still covered in shock.

         "You okay mom?" I ask and she leans back to see if my dad is close by.

         "Yeah, so you really are part angel?" she asks incredulously. I watch as San tries to hold his laugh back, snorting and coming over to me.

         "I told you guys up front, though I said I am Nephilim, not part angel." he says, which shocks me.

         "I thought you were going to wait to talk about that?" I ask him, trying not to yell.

         "I already messed up when you smelled sulfur when I teleported, and I couldn't really help with that one." he says, wrapping his arm around my neck, giving me a devilish smirk.

         "No, don't look at me like that dammit!" I say and squirm away from him, which earns a strange look from my mom.

         "So you mean, you are an angel, witch, and DEMON?" my mom asks now wide eyed and in shock.

         "Yes I am, and if you hate me for it, well I'll leave, but at least let me protect him for the last twelve hours? I can keep him isolated so you guys won't get hurt." he says, getting on his knees and bowing. My mom looks at him then to me, her face changing from shock to caring.

         "As long as my baby is happy I don't care what you are. If you can protect him for the next twelve hours I can proudly say that I will love you as my own. I only ask that you keep on protecting him after." my mom says.

         I look at San and he is smiling with tears in his eyes. I go to him and he pulls me into a hug, and he holds me tight, and kisses my cheek.

         "Sannie!" I gasp, and he just laughs. We stand up and he bows to my mom, but she pulls him in for a hug.

         "Thank you, and I will do everything in my power to keep him safe, I promise." San says and my mom pulls him in for another hug.

         "Now, let's go eat. You two have been in here for half an hour, and I think your dad is getting antsy." she says with a chuckle. I hug Sannie and he gives me a kiss, which makes me blush. Then he runs off to go get food. He always thinks with his stomach.