Part 31 : Promise To a Dream

It's been 3 days passed after the sad incident happened. The Hashira gang start their immense training with all Corps member. Tanjiro and Zenitsu had overcome their sadness over [y/n]'s death, but not Inosuke. He look so depress and sad still inside him. He can't accept that someone who he start to have a feeling of love and care, suddenly gone, leaving him with a promise that she doesn't able to fulfill.

"Inosuke.. " Tanjiro approach the silent boar guy, "You've been like this for 3 days already..... and you didn't eat at all, we worry about you..." the burgundy boy show a concern. But Inosuke keep on silent and make his 2 friends more worry. "Inosuke.." before Tanjiro finish his words Zenitsu tap his shoulder to caught his attention. Zenitsu shook his head "It's better for us not to disturb him now, Tanjiro".

"Don't you feel worry about him??"

"Of course, I do but..... I'll tell you later, lets go" Zenitsu grab Tanjiro's hand and walk away, leaving Inosuke alone. "What is it, Zenitsu??" Tanjiro look at Zenitsu with curiousity on his face. Zenitsu look around him to confirm there is no one eavesdrop their talk.

"First of all, Tanjiro, you promise me not to tell anyone about this, even your cute little sister, Nezuko-chan." he bring Tanjiro to outside while sit on the floor. The burgundy nod his furiously "What if I blurt it out". The blondie boy stare at his innocent friend and thunder flash shown on his back. Tanjiro jolt "I'm just asking!!".

"I was surprised at first but everyone have a feeling, a feeling that able to make that person broken into pieces" Zenitsu look at the bird flying around on the sky. Tanjiro tilt his head cutely "You mean... but how?? How can people broke into pieces?? Impossible! Unless, we cut them into pieces..... ". Zenitsu give a facepalm look at him "You definitely not understand what am I talking about, you have a hard skull forehead, unfortunately you are DUMB".

"Eh?" Tanjiro put one finger on his lips. The blondie sigh softly. "It's better for you to shut your mouth and listen to me" he mess the burgundy hair.

"The day before [y/n] gone, she and Inosuke look so close, unlike during their first met. I feel a bit weird why Inosuke attached with her so much. Well everyone will feel weird, because a fierce boy who fought a lot with Oyakata-sama daughter, now in love with her".

"Eeeeeeehhhhh!!!!!!! Ino. " Tanjiro's mouth was cover by Zenitsu hand. "I say listen to me...." Zenitsu glare at him and that boy only could nod his head.

"[y/n]'s last words for me when I went visit her after she finished her rehab trial, until now I can't forget her words..."

~Flashback~

"Zenitsu" [y/n]'s face brightly after seeing Zenitsu come to visit her. "It's nice to have some finally visit me!! Inosuke and Tanjiro went to their mission... and I thought you gone for a mission, so I feel a bit lonely~~" she pout cutely. Zenitsu feel his cheek red by that cute pout.

"I just come back from Butterfly Estate to treat my wound.... hihihihi So I decided to come here to check on you... It's really a great relief that you were awake from your comatose". [y/n] just rub her nape "Well, my wound didn't heal faster like a demon hahahaha....." they both laugh.

"Ne, Zenitsu. can you do me favor??" the short girl tilt her head up and look at Zenitsu with puppy eyes. With that eyes, of course no one will win over that puppy eyes of her. 'She.... she cute... b..... but What if Nezuko or Tanjiro do that eyes..... I'm definitely gonna die peacefully' Zenitsu shook his head. [y/n] blink and hold Zenitsu's haori "Monitsu~~".

The blondie tilt his head down while nod as a yes, a wide smile appear on the girl's lips. "Sugoi~~ okay....", the long [h/c] hair girl smile disappear as she stare on her katana. "What the favor you want ask, [y/n]" he ask. [y/n] take a deep breathe.

"One day..... " she smile and make the blondie confused "One day.... I will gone or maybe die or might become a demon.. " she chuckle then look at the blondie "..... My favor is, could you tell Inosuke that I'm sorry that I can't fulfill my promise in the future, a promise for a better future, live together as one family..... me and him was looking forward for the future" she smile with sad emotion "And one more..... tell him, IF, I become a demon..... I want him to slay my head off using his katana..... cause I know he will do it".

A guilt feeling built inside his heart after listen the favor "W.... why... you asking a stupid favor?". "Is not a stupid or nonsense, Monitsu.. I have a good instinct, in a week I will die and comeback as a demon... " she bluntly say it. Zenitsu clench his fist "Do you think.... Inosuke would do that?? Cut off your head?? Don't you realize that words could make him hurt??" there is seriousness in his tune. "I want him to cut my head off because I love him dearly" [y/n] hold her shirt tightly.

"Tell him when the time is come or maybe after.... I'm sorry this might be a burden for you but I can't ignore it.". "If that what you, I'll tell him" Zenitsu give a soft smile. "Thank you and please take care of him for me, ne, Monitsu" she smile genuinely. The blondie's cheek suddenly become red "Of course, even he was a drag but his my friend after all, by the way, my name is Zenitsu not Monitsu. That pig head really influence you a lot" he ruffle the girl's hair.

"Don't call my Ino-chan pig head" they laugh together.

.

~Back to Reality~

A flood of tears rolling down from Tanjiro's eyes. "What with that tear!!!" Zenitsu yell at his friend "Do you think you are cute by doing that, bumpkin!!!!". Tanjiro shock with his sudden words.

"Zenitsu.. Do you like me?" a direct words make Zenitsu become red. "EEEEEHHHH!!!! No way!!!!" the blondie scream. Tanjiro just giggling "So, Zenitsu did you able inform Inosuke about her last favor?". Zenitsu nod "I did, Inosuke may look dumb but inside the mask he was cry, I can hear his soft cry. A lot of emotion hide inside that boar mask of him". "That was really hard for him..." Tanjiro give a soft sigh.

"Ne, Zenitsu. Do you like me?? Do you love me? Do you want to live as one family and getting old together??" an innocent look appear on the burgundy boy. A red color rising on the blondie face "What with that question??!!! you crack head!!!!!" he yell. "Enough now Tanjiro, lets go to eat, my stomach is growling now" he stand up and Tanjiro just reply "Ok~kay~~".

Zenitsu stare at his innocent friend 'Of course I want that in the future, do everything with you, crackhead' that what inside his mind. Tanjiro stare back at the blondie.

"What?"

Zenitsu shook his head furiously.

"You weird...."

The depress aura surround Zenitsu while shrug.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Plot twist, Minna-sama

Zenitsu: S.M-san I said ship me with Nezuko!!! NEZUKO!!! NEZUKOOOOOOOO!!!!

*S.M slap Zenitsu's cheek with angry ogre face

S.M : You not the one who create this story, so SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH, YOU BRAT!!!!! IMMA GAY SHIPPER !!!! GAY SHIPPER!!!! TANZEN IS PERFECT COUPLE !!! AND READER-SAMA SHOULD BE WITH THAT BOAR!!!!!! NOW GET OUT!!!!!

*S.M kick Zenitsu's ass out from her office.