Cuddles and Betrayals

Chloe's POV

   I sigh in contentment as I pick up the deliciously cheesy pizza from the platter, the pepperoni pizza exactly what I need to forget the strange feeling of loneliness I felt in my chest earlier.

   Thomas watches me in amusement as I happily chew on my food, bouncing excitedly in my seat. His look of entertainment making me feel like a cute child he indulges, which is unacceptable. To get back as him, I lick my lips slowly causing his eyes to stray from mine. I lean forward and whisper, "Keep watching me Thomas and I'll be sure to give you a good show."  I watch in pride at how his pale hazel eyes darken as he processes my request, making me smirk.

   Instead of entertaining me however, he simply slides his chair back and motions me to go to him. "Come here, Trouble. Let me make sure you're ok." He softly demands. I curse his ancient eyes in being so perceptive of my growing need of disgusting affection. I mentally curse every deity I can name for making me, an incubus that can have any man loosing his pride within mere minutes, be subjected to something as low and degrading as cuddling.

  Though I loathe the idea, I also know I can't go without at the moment. Instead of sinking into his lap like Thomas proposed, I sit in the chair next to him letting my frame lean against his cold one lightly. Though the contact is what is needed, I can't help but feel as if the person giving it is wrong. The thought alone makes me jump into conversation with Thomas to ignore the disturbing thoughts that have been plaguing me lately.

   "So when does your Slip start again, Thomas?" I ask my lifelong friend, lifting my legs to rest in his lap as we continue eating.

   "It starts in eight days, Chloe, you know this." He softly rolls his eyes, though he doesn't look the least bit annoyed.

   "I know." I admit. "I just wanted to know where you were going this time. Hopefully somewhere better than the Enchanted." I mumble the last part bitterly. The Enchanted are the freeloaders that dwell within the Southern part of Kaulike, the humble city that we reside in. It means balance in some language or other, if I remember correctly. The Enchanted are Half-breed Deamons. The other half of their DNA differs throughout their species. While they don't necessarily cause chaos within the city, they often times let their mischief and natural chaotic nature get situations and pranks out of hand. No one looks down on anyone here but that doesn't mean anyone trusts the sly creatures. Of course they are a great crowd for a Vampire during Slip...until they get you in a situation that you can't get out of like what happened last month.

   "Don't worry, Trouble, I might not go to the Southside this month."

   " So where are you going to go?"

  "No where." He admits eliciting a frown from my eyebrows.

   "What do you mean no where, Tom? If you ignore your Slip, you could become dangerous to us all when you try to invoke negative energy around you yourself to sate your hormonal hunger." I stress, worried about the wrong answer he provides me with. He chuckles as if I was missing out on something he knew and I was yet to figure out.

   "I won't need to travel to feed this cycle." He explains clear amusement which only serves to confuse me even more.

   "Really? Why not?"

   "With all the negativity you're sprouting, I'll be sated for days!" He exclaims with a chuckle at my shocked expression. I hear the door chime alerting the whole store that another customer has arrived, but I pay it no mind. I'm too busy glaring at Thomas who tries to slide his hand up my thigh in a fake apology. Before I let his hand reach my constantly hard member, I abruptly stand up grabbing our trash to take it over to the bin in the corner. I feel someone approaching me from behind and my hair stands on end, making me hurry to throw the trash away to get back to Thomas.