Twins and Amazement

Alex's POV

      After the surgery and the babies got cleaned up, the doctors left the room to let  Chloe and I have some much needed one on one time. My princess is sleeping in the bed and all I can do is stare at the twins laying down in the hospital crib. They're beautiful.

     Ashley Landon Hall. 

     Madison Avana Hall.

     Perfect.

      After waiting for nine months and so much struggle and growth I finally have the family that I always dreamed of. I used to have dreams every night of having my own Mate and some pups.  I used to pray to the Goddess every night with tears running down my cheeks asking her why I wasn't good enough to meet my Mate. I went four lonely years without someone by my side and I would do every single moment over again if it will lead me back here. Every single second.

     Not only do I have the most beautiful, confident caring person in the world as my Mate, but he also granted me the blessing of being a father to twins. My beautiful Ash and Matty. I've never felt so overwhelmed in my life and for once it isn't fear or regret that's filling me but pure unfiltered gratitude and happiness.

    I also have a huge rowdy family. The kind of family I always wanted. I have a bunch of brothers and two little sisters that will be the best Aunts and Uncles in the world. Every single one of those people will give everything to every kid any of us have and I'm so lost as to how just one person can be this blessed but I will never question it, only vow to cherish every moment with them forever and never take them for granted.

      "Hey, pups." I whisper down to the babies and they immediately begin squirming and making little noises in response. The action makes me tear up until I jump at the sound of Chloe's voice.

      "Looks like they love your voice just as much now as they did in my tummy." He says and I look up with a smile when I see his eyes train on the three of us with his own tears in his eyes. He begins to try and sit up and I go to him, helping him raise the bed so he doesn't irritate or tear anything the doctors and nurses patched up after the surgery.

      "It's only because they haven't heard yours yet." I tell him and he smiles up at me softly.

     "Can you bring them to me?" He asks his voice choked and I nod turning around to pick up Matty first and softly set her in Chloe's arms. His tears spill over as he smiles down at her and coos at her small body. "You're so pretty Matty." He whispers to her and to the both of our surprise her eyes flutter open, straining against the light in the room.

     "Holy fuck, Chloe. You were right." With Ashley in my arms I'm leaning over him to see that Madison does in fact have my chocolate brown eyes. He nods but his focus is not on me at all. After a few moments, he widens his other arm and I lower Ashley into the crook.

       "Hey Ash, am I right about you, too?" He whispers and the pup takes longer than his sister to open his eyes but sure enough when he does his little eyes are a light hazel though they're  leaning more towards blue then green. "You guys are perfect." He whispers to the two of them and places a kiss on both of their foreheads.

      "Are you ready for them to come in?" I ask him after a couple of quiet minutes and he looks up at with a soft smile before he nods. I lean down to give all three of my blessings a kiss before I leave the room and head down the hall to the waiting area where I find our friends talking excitedly amongst themselves. The first to spot me is Ares and for once the smile on his face is pure and open as he stands up and comes towards me to wrap me in a hug.

      The rest of the group gets up and they look at me expectedly as Ares pulls back. I have to swallow a few times before I answer but my voice is still thick when I do. "They're perfect." I tell them and they're cheers all around the room before I start leading them back to Chloe, James' arms around me.