Surprises and Ultrasounds

I tried to make this as accurate as possible, if mistakes are made please inform me so that I know to fix it!

Chloe's POV

      My hands are shaking as I get out of the car, placing one hand on my stomach to sooth the butterflies there and to calm myself with the feeling of my baby. Everything is going to go okay. My baby is happy and healthy and perfect, and even if they aren't, they will still be just as loved. I round the car and grab back on to Alex's hand, needed the strength he provides by grounding me here on to the earth.

     He leads my reluctant body to the door and opens it for me, pulling it so that I can enter, and I wipe my empty sweaty hands in my jeans as we approach the front desk.

    "Good morning! My name is Evelyn." The women greets her smile wide and friendly but it does nothing to calm me down. "Are you here for an appointment?" She asks and I nod, swallowing thickly at the nerves coming up to choke me. "Okay, what's your name, sweetie?" She asks me kindly, looking up at me for the answer.

      I clear my throat nervously before I answer, my hands squeezing Alex's to death but like the angel he is, he doesn't complain, only squeezing me tighter. "Chloe Jones." I answer her, and then proceed to prove that I am who I say I am, answering questions and showing ID, as well as paying my co-pay.

    "Okay, Chloe, you two may go and take a seat and the doctor will be right with you!" She says cheerily and I give her a weak smile as Alex strong hand leads me to sit in the uncomfortable waiting room chair, his arms round me soothing.

"Hey, princess, not matter what happens, we'll be okay, I promise." Alex tells me, one arm staying wrapped around me while the other comes down to hold my hand tightly. I stay silently, too wound up to answer, my mind working overtime. For the first time in my life, everything is finally going right in my life and I can't shake the fear that it's all going to be taken from me.

We're only waiting for about five minutes before a middle aged man opens the door beside the desk with a smile, looking down at his papers. "Chloe Jones?" He calls and I stand on shaky legs, trying to dry my sweaty hands on my pants once more as Alex follows me to the doctor.

"Yes, that's me." I say nervously, an awkward smile shaping my lips. The bald man looks up at me from his paper and hold out a hand to shake which I do with red cheeks, knowing how clammy my hands are.

"Nice to meet you, Chloe and I'm assuming the father?" He asks and Alex nods his head and introduces himself with a handshake as well. "My name is Dr. Whin , if you two will follow me." He says and hold last the door open for us before leading us down a hallway and stopping at a scale.

I removes my shoes and step on to the foot placements watching the numbers crawl up before it settles.

"Okay, one hundred sixty three pounds, not bad. Follow me to your room and we'll get started." The doctor says and Alex bends down to grab my sneakers before grabbing my hand with his empty one as we follow the cheery doctor down a few hallways before he opens a door and ushers us inside.

He quickly closes the door and goes to the sink, washing his hands thoroughly before turning back around to see the two of us standing in the middle of the room awkwardly. He chuckles as he dries hands.

"It's your first kid, huh?" He asks grinning at us and I blush and nod.

"Is it that obvious?" I ask shyly and he laughs again.

"I would love to say no, but I'm trained not to lie to spare a patients feelings." He says and the joke makes me laugh, my tense body relaxing a bit at getting such a nice doctor. "If you could climb up onto the table, Chloe and Alex you can take a seat along the wall or stand next to your Mate, either is fine." He instructs and I do as he says, hoisting myself in the table, my legs swinging at the height as Alex comes to stand behind me, still tense despite the comforting words he keeps giving me.