Apologies and Talks

Graves

Chloe's POV

      It's been two days since I've been home, and I've never been happier. Before everything went down I still had this lingering fear in the back of my mind that everything was going to fall apart as soon as I got happy. Now as I look myself in the mirror, I realize that the only person that can decide my happiness is me, and I chose to be happy here in the Autumn Falls pack with my amazing friends and my perfect Link, Alex.

I grin to myself giving my tummy a warm caress before I'm leaving the bathroom. Alex is downstairs preparing food for our friends who have been patiently waiting for me to invite them over again. I reached out to the group yesterday in hopes they would all be free, and they all made it work. I grab my slippers for my swollen feet and my favorite blanket that Alex has fallen in love with and make my way slowly down the stairs.

I shuffle into the living room, picking up the random water bottles and blankets strewn everywhere, straightening up to give myself something to do. Once the room is up to par for my standards, I take the trash into my arms and enter the kitchen where I see Alex cutting up pieces of fruit.

He immediately looks up as I enter the room and he smiles, his eyes softening towards me like always, though I'll never ever get tired or used to the book. I throw away the trash and make my way over to him as he puts down the knife and wipes his hands.

"Hello, my blessings." He says and bends down to give two kisses to each side of my tummy and stands back up to place one in my awaiting lips. "How are you feeling?" He asks me and I sigh dramatically before smiling.

"A little sore and my feet are still swollen. But I'm still very very happy to be home." I tell him and he pulls me closer so that our foreheads are touching softly. We both peer down at my belly and I can't help the proud smile that shapes my face. My doctors appointment yesterday informed the two of us that Ashley and Madison will be joining us any day now and the news is so exciting to us.

"I had a dream about them. I think it was a vision from the Goddess." I whisper to him as we both hold my stomach softly.

"Tell me about it." He says softly and I smile in awe as I remember the dream I had of us while I was away.

"Matty looked just like you. She had your beautiful caramel skin, the brown hair and even the butterscotch eyes. She was sporty and loud and funny. Ashley was such a quiet kid. It didn't seem like he was shy, just reserved and very calm. He looked just like me." I share with my Mate and I see a tear fall on to the fabric of my shift that's stretched around the twins.

I pull away from Alex and look up at him to see his eyes filled with other tears. "Goddess, Chloe they're almost here. We're going to have our own little family." He says his voice thick and I raise my hands to wipe away the droplets that escapes his eyes.

"And we're going to be perfect for them." I promise and he pulls me in for a careful hug. Rationally I know that no parent is ever going to be perfect and that there's always going to be some type of flaw or something that their kid wishes they could change. But I also know that this family that we have built around ourselves will try their hardest to make sure these kids are well loved and taken care of.

We hold each other for a few more minutes until there's finally a knock on the door. I turn my head and look at the clock on top of the stove. One on the dot. Perfect. I give Alex one last kiss and pull away from him to go answer the door, the sound of my small feet slapping the floor amusing as I walk down the hallway and come to the door, opening it to reveal Cody and James and I'm not surprised they're the first ones here.