Ruts and Heat

Alex's POV

After getting off the phone with Chloe, I had quickly fallen asleep, though it was not easy knowing my pup was in distress. I tried to ignore it though knowing if he wanted to tell me he would have. We were up this morning at the crack of dawn to get ready, my body moving groggily at the missing hour of sleep that felt so unimportant last night but feels so detrimental this morning.

I trudge over to the dresser pulling out some slacks, a light blue collared shift and some dress shoes while I wait for James in the shower. I begin pacing my room almost immediately. My Rut is so fucking close I can taste it and dammit if it's not biting my ass to get back to Chloe immediately. My body feels flush and hot, my cock has been on semi since last night and the over protective need to curl my baby boy into my arms in bed is overwhelmingly strong.

Just thinking about having Chloe laying in my arms has my sensitive dick standing at full attention straining harshly against my pajama bottoms. I think about rubbing one out in the shower but I dismiss the thought immediately. If anything it would make it worse with it not being Chloe's doing. I remember all the lectures my dad gave me before he passed and I knew that Chloe would probably reach his Heat first and would be so out of it with need to have my body in and against his, anything else would feel like fire against his skin. Even doing it himself would only make him more horny until his skin got so sensitive for me, he would come oh so easily like he did the first time we met.

'What the fuck are you doing Alex?!' Toby basically growls are me. 'Our Mate is going to be begging to have us fuck his brains out and be the most vulnerable ever and you went on a trip to see an adolescent little bitch get his mantle?'

The way he says it makes me cringe and begin to feel a little guilty. I continue to pace, though my strides pick up in speed at the building stress within me. 'I'm about to leave James to his own devices for five days. I figured it was the least I could do!' I defend myself.

'Bullshit!' Tobias damn near yells at me. Getting yelled at by such a carefree and playful wolf has me jumping mid stride as I pause my pacing. 'You were only being selfish. You wanted him to miss you to make yourself feel better and you put his health and feelings at risk all because you wanted him to be fucking cuddly with you?! Like he wouldn't already be during his fucking heat?!' I lower my eyes in shame, knowing he's right. I had originally told James I couldn't go, because I wanted to be close to Chloe, but I changed my mind for exactly the reasons Tobias claimed. The look of sadness on Chloes face when I told him I was leaving made my heart break a little but it also made my chest puff out to know he would miss me. But Tobias is right. It was wrong of me to try and manipulate him like that.

Before I can respond to him, three things happen simultaneously: James enters the room with a towel wrapped around his waist with his nose sniffing looking at me in alarm, my phone begins ringing on the dining room table , and my body is hit with this overwhelming heat and lust that spreads through my body quickly.

"Shit!" James says running towards my phone while I try and stop myself from shifting in the middle of our hotel room. My body is vibrating, trying to get me to Chloe now. My head snaps towards the device in James' hand when he answers the phone and puts it on speaker.

"Daddy? It hurts. Please come back. I need.... uhhhh.... please come home....you smell so good, Alex please." James quickly takes my phone off speaker but it's too late. I already heard my pup moaning and begging me to be home to please him. Love him. Fuck him. I hear James talking into the phone but I don't give him a backwards look as I throw myself out of the room, slamming the door open before crashing down the stairs and out the building, my heated and uncontrollable body too impatient to wait for an elevator or a taxi.