Breaking and Emergencies

Chloe's POV

I've been home for a week now and everything seems to have fallen back in place. Everyone was over yesterday gushing about the baby room and I was proud that there seemed to be no lingering hate or irritation over what happened while I was gone.

I'm sitting in the living room, lounging lazily on the couch as Alex begins to prepare us food, my body feeling extra sore and exhausted today for some reason. There's been a constant pulsing of pain in my lower abdomen and the only thing helping at the moment is sitting down with my heating pad on high.

I'm singing to my babies softly, rubbing the irritated area as the two continue to squirm and move around making me groan in pain. And of course with his wolf hearing, Alex comes rushing into the room worriedly.

     "Princess, are you okay?" He asks his hands fluttering over me in nerves, his face scrunched up in worry at my spent form on the couch but I shoo him away.

    "I'm fine Alex." I tell him but he doesn't move from his spot hovering over me obviously not believing my claim of being okay but a well placed glare has him cringing and making his way back to the kitchen.

     I pick the remote up from the table trying to give myself something to do and turn on the tv. There's nothing on except some cooking and crime shows so I settle on a murder show devoted to solving deaths of marines.

      By the time Alex comes into the room, I'm convinced that maybe the Temptress wasn't as gracious as I thought. His body passes in front of me, blocking the view of the tv and I shoo him hoping to make him move faster as he plops down beside me as I cringe from yet another round of pain that shoots up my abdomen.

      "Alex, I'm sorry but I think I have the wrong boyfriend." I tell him sincerely picking up the sandwich he made me deciding to save my salad for last. My Link is not phased in the slightest and actually plays along.

   "Oh yeah? Who am I getting replaced with? He better be cute." He tells me and I smirk as I point to the screen.

     "Gibbs. The one with the salt and pepper hair and perfect smile. He might be a little old but I've always been told that I'm mature for my age." Alex snorts in amusement and shakes his head at me.

    "See you're choosing all wrong. I would personally go for Dinozzo." He tells me and I scoff at his ignorance.

    "No way! He has daddy issues, he's a hoe and not the good kind. He has attachment issues and he's clearly in love with Kate." I tell him completely exasperated with his lack of a brain cell at the moment.

     "I never thought pregnancy brain was a real thing until now. The man is rich and Italian! And even if he is in love with Kate, he'll just have to get in line."

     "See, no he used to be rich but he didn't want to follow in his family's footsteps. He's just a regular person with a rich family you gold digger." I tell him sticking out my tongue at him and all he does is pout in response while I grin in victory.

     I begin to feel very very bad and decide that I need to go to the bathroom. I place my salad back on the table and slowly let myself stand up, Alex quick to try and follow me up but I wave him away as I waddle myself out of the living room and into the hallway to make my way to the bathroom but before I can another wave of pain come crashing into my body and I almost fall at the force of it, the level of pain growing with each pass.

    I go to stand up and push myself off the wall when suddenly something loosens in my abdomen and I release a liquid all over myself, the pee dripping down my leg and on to the floor as it leaks through my sweats.